Foot Peg Advice

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Foot Peg Advice

Post by bikingagain »

So I am thinking of putting some aftermarket foot pegs on my bike and was hoping to get some recommendations. I looked at the fastways and they seem to have alot of choices, in a lot of different price points. Are the expensive ones worth it? Is there a big difference? I think that I am looking for a bigger platform for my boot (size 13) and maybe the ability to lower them a little to see if I like a different riding position. Thanks in advance.
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Foot Peg Advice

Post by Dakota_c69 »

_______
Glenn.
2024 KTM 300 XC-W
2018 KTM 250 XC
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

It's a personal preference thing. Some people like pivot pegs. Some people like really sharp, grippy pegs. And even the odd person, like me, actually like pegs with less grip. One of the nice things about the Fastways is the ability to change the teeth. Oh, and don't buy the Fastway Adventure pegs for off road, they are too big (good for snow biking though).
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Post by erniebearskin »

Ill buy your stockers Mike if you want to sell.
Bikeless....

driveink

Post by driveink »

I had the 2013 ktm stocker footpegs, smashed one off in rocks, I got the fast way one's, my foot got jammed under the shifter a couple of times at first, but I got used to them and that only happened the first 3 rides they are great now after 100's of kilometre's they are tougher than nails, so I must say they have grown on me, if one broke which is very doubtful, considering what I have put them through ,I would buy them again. I have the original, or what they call the evolution 3, silver in color

bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bikingagain »

Thanks for the input. :thumbsup:
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

I have both Warp9 and Fastways, I prefer the Warp9's. Might like the Fastways better with a more aggressive insert tho. Remember to loctite the inserts.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I am currently running IMS pro's. slightly bigger than stock, but way grippier(wore a set of boots out this year). Not sure if they were soft soles or sharp pegs. I like them but don't know if I can afford the upkeep on soles. I wrecked a bunch of fastways over the years. They don't grip too well unless new, but the wider platform is nice.

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

Re: sole wear from pegs

The Sidi SRS (sole replacement system) boots have replaceable soles, easy to do at home and about $40, plus enduro type sole option (a bit more traction hoofing it off the bike). I am on my 4th set of soles.