Jetting

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
cmurray
Contributor
Contributor

Jetting

Post by cmurray »

Hi all. I wonder if anybody could recommend a service shop to install a jet kit in my CRF 230? All the big guys are booking a week out and I would really like it done sooner. Any small shops out there that are good and perhaps less busy?
2009 WR 250 F

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Jetting

Post by Shibby! »

Good learning experience to do it yourself if that's all that's stopping you from doing it.

cmurray
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cmurray »

Shibby! wrote:Good learning experience to do it yourself if that's all that's stopping you from doing it.
I'm afraid I lack both the technical know how and tools to confidently give this a try myself...
2009 WR 250 F

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by giantjoe »

You need screwdrivers and a YouTube playing device. If you can change a tire, you can jet a bike. The toughest part is finding out what jets are appropriate, and getting them into your hands.

Search YouTube for "how to jet a four stroke carb" if you can traverse Barwell, you can jet your bike.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

driveink

Post by driveink »

try calling andy demsky, he might be able to rush you through. he is in calgary off 36 st

cmurray
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cmurray »

Thanks for the advice and the vote of confidence. Rocky Mountain Honda managed to squeeze me in today as I also wanted to have the valve clearance checked, it was due. Looking forward to seeing what difference the jet kit makes on Wednesday...
2009 WR 250 F