Suspension Rebuild

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
Canadian
User
User

Suspension Rebuild

Post by Canadian »

Looking for someone to service/rebuild my forks and possibly shock. Have used Chris @ Pro-Action but the voicemail greeting over says he's taken a turn health wise and they aren't planning to open any time soon. Just wondering if anyone else is in this business (aside from the usual bike shops around town).

My thoughts go out to Chris and family. All I know is what I read in this forum a while back...

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Suspension Rebuild

Post by giantjoe »

LRX performance does it too.
Last edited by giantjoe on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I sent mine out to Riders Edge in BC and was very satisfied with the results and customer service. It only cost me $40 to ship the forks and shock via greyhound
www.ridersedgesuspension.com

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

Enzo Racing out of Okatoks is good. :thumbsup:
CR250R

justinKX
Journalist
Journalist

Post by justinKX »

i just rebuilt my forks last weekend, it wasnt very hard at all. it was my first time and i was intimidated, but once i had it done, i realized how easy the whole process actually was. and now if i do it again, it would take me probably 2 hours total instead of the 5 it took this time! i had my service manual on hand.

....just incase you were thinking of trying it yourself :)

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

justinKX wrote:i just rebuilt my forks last weekend, it wasnt very hard at all. it was my first time and i was intimidated, but once i had it done, i realized how easy the whole process actually was. and now if i do it again, it would take me probably 2 hours total instead of the 5 it took this time! i had my service manual on hand.

Just curious, what new parts did you install? I change my fork oil every 15 hours, and oil seals once a year, but I've never 'rebuilt' them.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

twotired wrote:
justinKX wrote:i just rebuilt my forks last weekend, it wasnt very hard at all. it was my first time and i was intimidated, but once i had it done, i realized how easy the whole process actually was. and now if i do it again, it would take me probably 2 hours total instead of the 5 it took this time! i had my service manual on hand.

Just curious, what new parts did you install? I change my fork oil every 15 hours, and oil seals once a year, but I've never 'rebuilt' them.

a few aftermarket companies (and KTM) make rebuild kits that include new seals, bushings, orings etc. If you really wanted to freshen it up you could replace the shim stacks. They do get warped after years of use.

The simple excercise of changing the oil is almost as good as a rebuild too :thumbsup:

justinKX
Journalist
Journalist

Post by justinKX »

i just replaced dust seals, and oil seals and oil of course.. but yeah the shim bushing can be replaced, and theres a few other little o rings and snap rings there too, rarely do the springs need to be replaced from my understanding. while apart check for damage to the inner tube, scratches etc..