Neck Braces

New Bikes, Old Bikes, Bike Setup, Bike Mods, Questions, Riding Technique, Advice.
cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Neck Braces

Post by cedric »

absurveyor wrote:The Club 2 is the newest model and has a ton of adjustability in it. Even the front and rear decks are adjustable.
You can do these adjustments with the original Club too.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

But you have colours with the Club 2!!!

I also have a buddy with a Club that I'll test out with my gear, likely Friday night so I can make final decisions before the next sale.

The guy at BF was trying to sell me on the A* because I ride trails. Said it allows more head movement, but that leaves me wondering if it should...
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Well, with my not so overly thorough search for information, I simply decided to buy the Leatt Club 2 today mostly because of my abnormal neck and having the ability to try a buddies on without too much issue. With what issues I did have, I think I can adjust and be free from problems.

I do, however, dislike the fact that solid information on braces is very, very limited. It makes the decision difficult, especially when a lot of the hype for the Leatt is probably because it's the most expensive. People always believe they are getting what they pay for.. Lets hope so!

JG2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JG2 »

RE. Acerbis Cosmo with Leatt Brace

I bought the Cosmo and as yet, I don't really care for it with the Leatt brace but it might be too early to tell.

I first tried the Leatt over the Cosmo (there is a "groove" in the back of the Cosmo for the back post of the Leatt to sit in - at least I think that is how it is intended to be used) and my Leatt isn't wide enough causing the brace to rise up. I have the widest pins installed on my Leatt already.

I then tried the Leatt underneath and it was better, but next to impossible to pull my jersey on. I may try putting the back half of the Leatt on, and then pulling jersey on and finally attaching front of Leatt but it will be a pain, that much I know.

Another (crazy) idea I am mulling over is cutting out the plastic in the "groove" or "slot" that the back post of the Leatt sits in, leaving just the foam there. I think it would make the Leatt fit over my wide torso better and truthfully, I think it might be better anyway - not sure Leatt was designed to have back post over top of back protector, but I might be wrong.

I have a 661 piece of junk but I like it for ease of use - I put it on, put my jersey on, and then bolt the Leatt on over top of the jersey. It's too bad it doesnt offer better protection.

I do like the Cosmo - the back protection is among the best I have seen, short of wearing the fullblown Alpinestars pressure suit with the arms and everything. The kidney belt fits my big belly and the front protection is pretty good.

If anybody has got the Cosmo to work with the Leatt please let me know how you did it!

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

I've been modding my very well used 661 suit. It's old and has seen better days, but it still does it's job so I keep using it. I cut some of the threads out so the Leatt peices go below the chest protector, as well as behind the back protection. Seems to work a lot better. I might drill out the rivets that hold the top back protector plate in hoping to keep the leatt from rising a bit. Still much better then the first time I used it (only had it out twice now).

I would like to make the fine adjustments required to have it seat properly. I notice right now it causes me to ride in a different position using a lot more of my energy, especially going down hills and look up. Legs get a lot more tired and just not balanced as well. I will be dropping the rear as far as possible and maybe making some slight adjustments to my pressure suit and re-testing.

Overall, I do feel safer with it on, even if I look stupid :D

luckykiwi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by luckykiwi »

Just a side note my son cart-wheeled his bike and broke his leatt brace but i think it saved his neck...if you need part you can order them direct form the states it easier.
Attachments
IMG00086.jpg
KTM 300,
YZ250F,
Teryx 700,
& more toys, the boys need more toys.