Who is Blackfoot Direct?

Special sales and promotional items from the dealers that advertise and support RMDRA.

If you are a paid advertiser or have been a sponsor of the RMDRA, feel free to tell us about your offerings and specials in the forum...

If you are not an RMDRA Advertiser, you may reply to any post, but you may NOT start a new post. Please PM Dobi if you want access to this forum.
bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Who is Blackfoot Direct?

Post by bfdirect »

Hello everyone! I have received this question from many people also what is the difference between Blackfoot Motosports (BFM) and Blackfoot Direct (BFD). To try to clairify this I figured I would create this post.

First off BFD is a separate company and location from the main BFM store. Our main purpose was to be the online (mail order) division of BFM. Over the years we have become a small 3000 sqft location just around the corner from the main store specializing in off-road part accessories and service. Yes we also have a service department which is 100% off-road focused (knobbies only). The reason we keep this location separate is that we understand that there are many customers that like the small shop feel where you can walk in and actually talk to someone who rides and get some recommendation on bike setup and not feel rushed through the lineup like in many big shops. We only have four employees which allows us to be more flexible and we order everyday from our suppliers therefore the wait on special order parts is minimal.

Just this past December we picked up the Husaberg line of bikes which are now exclusive to BFD. We have a 1000 square foot retail showroom with all bikes on display. Our commitment to the Husaberg bikes goes much further than just having them for sale. We have an extensive amount of hard parts and casual Husaberg branded clothing in stock at all times. As it is our only brand we are committed to fully servicing the Husaberg owners and having what I call consumable nessecary parts in stock at all times! This would include air filters, oil filters, brake pads, levers, sprockets, shifters etc.

We also carry many off-road specific brands such as JD Jetting, Grip Studs, Klim Gear, Kreft, BRP, GPR and Scott's stabilizers, Ride Engineering, Rekluse Clutch Components, Scalvini Pipes, Dirt Tricks Ironman Sprockets and JT Racing Gear to name just a few.

I personally have a rule that if 3 people ask for the same thing I do not carry I will start stocking it.

Please feel free to stop by the shop if you have not before and mention that you read about us on RMDRA and I will offer special pricing.

I plan on being actively involved in the off-road community and value any feedback or recommendations that you as riders and members have to offer in regards ways to better serve the community. Send me a private message or email me personally at dean@blackfootdirect.com or call 403-214-2850

Here is video tour of the shop prior to renovations that was done by the boys at http://www.directmotocross.com

http://www.directmotocross.com/news/fea ... oot-direct

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dean Thompson
GM / Owner
Blackfoot Direct
http://www.blackfootdirect.com
Unit #6 - 21 Highfield Circle SE
Attachments
New showroom
New showroom
Last edited by bfdirect on Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com

erniebearskin
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Who is Blackfoot Direct?

Post by erniebearskin »

I've dealt with you guys a number of times over the past year, you really do offer a much more personal service than the chaps across the street, congrats on getting the Berg line.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

I've known Dean for some time, originally when he managed Blackfoots Pro National MX Team. Dean helped my son Ty out when he raced the Montreal supercross when he really didn't have to because he was very busy running his MX Team that weekend. I got to work beside Dean all 3 days at the 2013 Calgary motorcycle show and it was cool to see just how passionate he is about running his new Husaberg dealership the way hardcore offroad riders expect. Dean's main focus is customer service. With only getting his bikes one month ago, its great to see he's wasting no time in stocking tons of Berg Hardparts/Powerwear, and spare parts.
Reminds me of the old school small shops I used to get CZ,Husky,Maico,Can-Am, and my early KTM's from. When you walk in the door the Owner recognizes you and you get that very personalized service most offroad guys are looking for.
For current and future Husaberg riders I think Dean is going to do an amazing job for them.
With what Dean has going on at BFD, dealing with Dean himself and the fact that the Bergs come with my favourite suspension combo of No-Link rear & Closed Cartridge forks ( which you can't get on KTM's ) I'm considering going blue in the future.
With BFD only selling bikes to the offroad market ( Berg doesn't make MX bikes )Dean is a big supporter of the RMDRA as he see's the value in what the club does for are offroad riding area's. So stop by and chat with Dean, get a discount on gear, tires, oil etc, check out his new showroom and you have to see his project 2013 BERG 300 2T thats on the floor.Sweetest Berg I've ever seen - lots of Berg Hardparts, Scalvini exhaust system ( I have a soft spot for old school works bikes cone pipes ), as well as other goodies on it.

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bfdirect »

Thanks for the PM's emails and calls everyone! I am excited to meet you and join in a few rides this spring.

We are planning on an open house / meet and great / Husaberg launch evening with some finger food and some pops towards the end of February. Special pricing that night to everyone there as well as I know you off-road guys like a bargain!

It would be a few hours likely 6-8 and include a basic bike maintenance and question period with our in house off-road technician Carlos.

Stay tuned for more details next week when I can firm up a date.

Thanks to a few of the RMDRA members for this recommendation.

Thx,
Dean
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

Thanks for the studs, tire, and boot straps.
Lots of great stuff in stock folks, and the new bergs look sweet.

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

I'd also like to give a big shout out to Dean. He was able to support me a few years ago rebuilding a clapped out CRF450 with old stock he had from when Blackfoot was racing these bikes. He was a great help and I'll continue to use him!

Cheers!

Andreas

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Big shout out to Dean and Carlos for harvesting husaberg hard parts rad braces and slave guard off the demo bike for me so I diddnt have to wait months for these parts!

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Thanks Dean & Carlos for the Evans coolant. Finally we can buy Evans coolant locally.

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dave P »

Love BFD! When it comes to something local, it is my fav shop to deal with.

Would really love if they would keep there website more up to date, so I could spend more money! haha

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bfdirect »

Dave I agree in regards to the site we are currently doing a complete overhaul on the site with a planned launch at the end of March. Look for lots of additional lines of parts online which we do have in the shop currently.

If there is anything you see online somewhere else in the interm are something you read about in a magazines either call us at 403-214-2850 or email at dean@blackfootdirect.com and 9 times out of 10 we will either have in stock or can get it.

For instance look for the following in the next few weeks :
- Sicass Racing
- Bullet Proof Designs (Radiator, disc and swingarm guards)
- UFO YZ125/250 plastic upgrade kits (change to more current YZ250F design)
- 6D Helmets

Like always give us a call as we are stocking many of these products because you the customers are asking for them!

Thanks for all the support these past few months.

Remember this coming Monday from 6-8 PM (February 25) we are having an open house with many specials.

Thx,
dean
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com

okotok
Contributor
Contributor

Post by okotok »

Thanks for the info Dean. Are you able to get Works Connection doodads as well?

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bfdirect »

okotok wrote:Thanks for the info Dean. Are you able to get Works Connection doodads as well?
Yes we are a stocking dealer for Works Connection. Let me know if there is something specific you are looking for as we order from them monthly as we sell lots to the MX crowd.
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com

timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by timbruce »

Serious props to Dean and Nathan. Dean special ordered me in a Pit Bull motorcycle restraint system from the States. After a painstaking time through customs and all the usual bs. My price did not change and he was happy to report to me that he made a whopping 12 bucks. Also Dean was happy to bring in an odd size pair of riding boots just for my wife to try...Thanks guys for dealing with this and busting tail in the beginning of a very busy season.

bfdirect
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bfdirect »

Thanks so much! Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose right.........it all works out in the end.

I will continue to ensure we do our best to get what you guys are looking for keep the requests coming.
timbruce wrote:Serious props to Dean and Nathan. Dean special ordered me in a Pit Bull motorcycle restraint system from the States. After a painstaking time through customs and all the usual bs. My price did not change and he was happy to report to me that he made a whopping 12 bucks. Also Dean was happy to bring in an odd size pair of riding boots just for my wife to try...Thanks guys for dealing with this and busting tail in the beginning of a very busy season.
Dean Thompson
BlackfootDirect.com
GM/Owner
403-214-2850
dean@blackfootdirect.com

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Just wanted to say thanks for the boots on my way out to Kookanusa on Thursday. They fit my daughter perfectly and we were glad to have them for the weekend. She rode all three days we were there and she loved them. ....Steve