Trelleborgs

Special sales and promotional items from the dealers that advertise and support RMDRA.

If you are a paid advertiser or have been a sponsor of the RMDRA, feel free to tell us about your offerings and specials in the forum...

If you are not an RMDRA Advertiser, you may reply to any post, but you may NOT start a new post. Please PM Dobi if you want access to this forum.
rhymeswithorange
Contributor
Contributor

Trelleborgs

Post by rhymeswithorange »

Hi everyone,

I know this is a bit early but I was wondering how many people were thinking about Trelleborgs this year since I'm going to do an order here in the next week or so. The good news is that I should be able to have them early November-ish...The bad news is two-fold ...they've gone up in price significantly :thumbsdown: AND I have to order NOW for the entire winter season. If I don't get them now, I won't get them at all... :(

So if anyone is interested let me know and I'll see what I can do.

On a side note I won't be working very many Saturdays anymore. I'm going to be at the shop Mondays on a regular basis even though we're closed so that I can get some stuff done a bit more efficiently and make sure we have lots of good stuff in the store.

Thanks all
Janine :D

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Re: Trelleborgs

Post by MtnBlue »

I think you should order in a good supply of Dirt Sharks and Ice screws!!

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

rhymeswithorange wrote:Hi everyone,

I know this is a bit early but I was wondering how many people were thinking about Trelleborgs this year since I'm going to do an order here in the next week or so. The good news is that I should be able to have them early November-ish...The bad news is two-fold ...they've gone up in price significantly :thumbsdown: AND I have to order NOW for the entire winter season. If I don't get them now, I won't get them at all... :(

So if anyone is interested let me know and I'll see what I can do.

On a side note I won't be working very many Saturdays anymore. I'm going to be at the shop Mondays on a regular basis even though we're closed so that I can get some stuff done a bit more efficiently and make sure we have lots of good stuff in the store.

Thanks all
Janine :D
How much are this year? Do I need a second mortgage? I think Mb is right get the mavericks and sharks in stock!

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

I'm interested, but would like to know the price first!

rhymeswithorange
Contributor
Contributor

This is ballpark but:

$469.99 for a 21"
$569.99 for a 18"
$669.99 for a 19"

rhymeswithorange
Contributor
Contributor

rhymeswithorange wrote:This is ballpark but:

$469.99 for a 21"
$569.99 for a 18"
$669.99 for a 19"
Just got confirmation on pricing today.. this price only stands if I order 8 or more.

Soooo...who wants to do a demonstration of "How to Stud Your Own Tires" at the next meeting? :lol:

If anyone still wants let me know ASAP
Thanks,
Janine

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I still have a brand new set of Trelleborgs that haven't been mounted yet.

Sure the screwed tires work good at first but they quickly wear down and get pretty slippery on the rear. There is nothing like a Trelleborg winter friction tire when the ground is frozen and there is 12" of powder on the ground. :D Some guys get up to 5 seasons on their Trelleborgs. The studs on the Trelleborgs don't wear down because they have carbide tips and are really rally studs that are designed for some pavement.

Who wants to be the guy that can't get up the hill because his or her tires can't get enough grip? I guess it depends on whether you ride with others that have more or less skill than you do? :excuse: I'm usually riding with more skilled riders in the winter and trying to keep up so I want to have the best tires to compensate.

My plan is to use a set of screwed tires in the fall and then once the snow comes I'll switch to the Trelleborgs. You can't change the screws in the tires because then the screws will fall out before the end of 1 ride and I don't feel like having 6 dirt sharks with holes in the knobs lying around my place come spring time. Especially since you have to use the 100/100-18 size (hint hint Janine) to screw so that you don't wear a hole in the silencer or swingarm.

So I don't need to order a set or Trelleborg tires this year but I will be asking for 1 small dirt shark tire. Thanks for the proactive thinking Janine. :nworthy:

rhymeswithorange
Contributor
Contributor

I have a line on some studded Michelins, and they are studded with carbide tipped studs just like the Trelleborgs but for way less money..

Will keep you updated

I'll call you when that tire comes in Derek :lol:

Janine

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

rhymeswithorange wrote:I have a line on some studded Michelins, and they are studded with carbide tipped studs just like the Trelleborgs but for way less money..

Will keep you updated

Janine

Thanks Janine!!! At least someone likes my posts!! xoxxxxoo ;)

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

FYI..

http://www.dirtrider.com/gear/141_0405_ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't have any experience riding in the winter but this seemed like a good article for the Michelin tires.

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

dirtyboy wrote:I still have a brand new set of Trelleborgs that haven't been mounted yet.

Who wants to be the guy that can't get up the hill because his or her tires can't get enough grip? I guess it depends on whether you ride with others that have more or less skill than you do? :excuse: I'm usually riding with more skilled riders in the winter and trying to keep up so I want to have the best tires to compensate.
I'm with Dirtyboy. It seems that winter brings out the hardcores. Either that or it's harder to find a riding buddy in the winter and the hardcores lower their standards and let me ride with them.I don't need any extra disadvantages on the trail. I'm a huge Trelleborg fan.

:cheers:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

rhymeswithorange wrote:I have a line on some studded Michelins, and they are studded with carbide tipped studs just like the Trelleborgs but for way less money..

Will keep you updated

Janine
Any word on these tires Janine?

rhymeswithorange
Contributor
Contributor

Yep

All I have left for dirt sharks is:

100/100-18 x 3
120/100-18 x 9
100/90-19 x 2

Michelins are here too

110/100-18 are $555.00 retail
80/100-21 are $480.00 retail

If you buy both front and rear I'll sell them for $930.00 plus GST

I have 3 pairs in stock

Janine

J

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

rhymeswithorange wrote: Michelins are here too

Thanks for the reply J, I was hoping the Mich tyres were a tadd cheaper....pretty spendy for this kid.

Cheers.

rhymeswithorange
Contributor
Contributor

MotorEd wrote:
rhymeswithorange wrote: Michelins are here too

Thanks for the reply J, I was hoping the Mich tyres were a tadd cheaper....pretty spendy for this kid.

Cheers.
me too!!
When I ordered them they told me one price...when they got here they charged me $90.00 more than they quoted me... :blush:

Most of our distributors are increasing prices all across the board (as much as 30% in some cases) because of the dollar..funny how they jack up the prices when the dollar goes down, but neglect to DROP the price when the dollar goes up..