Helmetcam for you! SOLD

Only RMDRA Members may post any type of classified ad. RMDRA Members are free to advertise items and services that don't fit into the other classified categories.

This section is NOT for Dealer transactions even if you are an RMDRA member. Dealer ads should be posted in the RMDRA Advertiser Promotions forum.

If you are not an RMDRA Member, you may reply to any post, but you may NOT start a new post.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules.
No bumping of classified ads or links to auction sites.
giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Helmetcam for you! SOLD

Post by giantjoe »

So I just bit the bullet and bought an HD model of my current helmetcam. That means the old one can go to a new home...

This is the manufacturers page for it. Drift Innovation X170 Here's some footage so you know what the shots look like.

I've used it for a year, and modified the case a bit to stop the wind noise with success. I really liked the thing, that's why I'm buying the upgrade and not going with a GoPro. The bullet design is less obtrusive on your helmet, and with the rotatable lens, it can be mounted in lots of locations easily. Mount it on the jawbone, and you barely even know it's there. With Lithium AA batteries it would last at least 6 hours, with a 4GB SD card I'd get about the same footage wise. The major selling point of this camera is the LCD screen on it. It is indispensable. Remember what MP3 players were like before iPods? That's how this camera stacks up to the others out there. Useability is night and day compared to a camera without a screen on it.

All the attachments are still fully functional, with exception of the Velcro attached to my helmet. :D Here's a review so you know how it stacks up.

For you, $100...
Last edited by giantjoe on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
----------------->just some guy<-----------------

giantjoe
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Helmetcam for you!

Post by giantjoe »

SOLD
----------------->just some guy<-----------------