2005 Trek Session 77

Only RMDRA Members may post any type of classified ad. RMDRA Members are free to advertise items and services that don't fit into the other classified categories.

This section is NOT for Dealer transactions even if you are an RMDRA member. Dealer ads should be posted in the RMDRA Advertiser Promotions forum.

If you are not an RMDRA Member, you may reply to any post, but you may NOT start a new post.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules.
No bumping of classified ads or links to auction sites.
Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

2005 Trek Session 77

Post by Shibby! »

Hell,

While I'm at it, I have a lightly used downhill mountain bike for sale.

Great condition, used very, very little. 7" travel front and rear.

New price was $5000.

Requires oil in fork. Bottom bolt leaked oil.

Also, slight creek when pedaling so the main crank should need tightening.

Besides a few paint blemeshes, this bike has barely been used.

Manitou SP+ Breakout forks,
Manitou 3-way shock,
Typical Bontrager/Trek parts. Bars, wheels, tires, seat post, seat, ...
Shimano gear and hydro 8" disk brakes.

$1,500.00
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Re: 2005 Trek Session 77

Post by Shibby! »

Picture for reference. It looks a lot beefier than this in real life.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

RMDRA Members only: $1000.00

I get sad whenever I look at this bike because I bought it thinking I'd get back into MTB'ing, but it just didn't happen with too many things in my garage with motors. Would like to see somebody enjoying it.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

What size is it (how tall) ?
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Hendrix13 wrote:What size is it (how tall) ?
Size Large.

Not so much an issue of how tall (normally I rode it with the seat all the way down), but the distance of seat to stem. It's a big bike made for bigger riders. I'm 6'4" so the size isn't an issue, but some people prefer smaller bikes (it's trendy, even when they look like retards), and some like them larger. It comes down to feel (and look if that's important).

The bike is a downhill/freestyle bike. It's 42 lbs and not an easy pedal up hills. I have heard of people riding XC with these, but I think their crazy.

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

Shibby! wrote:
Size Large.

Not so much an issue of how tall (normally I rode it with the seat all the way down), but the distance of seat to stem. It's a big bike made for bigger riders. I'm 6'4" so the size isn't an issue, but some people prefer smaller bikes (it's trendy, even when they look like retards), and some like them larger. It comes down to feel (and look if that's important).

The bike is a downhill/freestyle bike. It's 42 lbs and not an easy pedal up hills. I have heard of people riding XC with these, but I think their crazy.
So to put it in perspective, this would be a large frame and for someone like your self Hendrix who has no prior misconceptions on what is cool as far as frame sizes this would be a good fit. Trek makes a sweet ride and provided that it is in better shape then his dirt bike, :lol: , this would be a good deal.
To bad your giving up on down hilling, it's so much fun.
:applause:
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

rogue wrote:
Shibby! wrote:
Size Large.

So to put it in perspective, this would be a large frame and for someone like your self Hendrix who has no prior misconceptions on what is cool as far as frame sizes this would be a good fit. Trek makes a sweet ride and provided that it is in better shape then his dirt bike, :lol: , this would be a good deal.
To bad your giving up on down hilling, it's so much fun.
:applause:

Haha, it's large. I'm sure you know a lot comes down to feel. IMO, the bikes need to be cut down.

I'd love to get serious into downhill, but too many other things fill my time, and empty my wallet. I'm sure everybody on here can agree with that. I've always wanted to go visit my buddies on the west coast and have him show me around, but it just didn't happen. I don't get many days away from work.

I used to ride XC lots! Had plans to race when I moved out of small town Sask, but then I bought a street bike and my Klein got stolen at Uni. Sad days for MTB and they just never recouped.

If anybody wants a very lightly used Trek 6800 (the years when they were more equal to the 8000's), I have one for sale too. Once again, needs fork service from being store upside down and leaking oil. Still on original tires as well. Much better bike then what you'll find in CDN Tire or cheap bike store for the same price. Originally was $2200. It was my insurance claim on my stolen Klein.

blacksheep
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by blacksheep »

How much do you want for the 6800? year? I assume size large, would that be 18/19 or 19/20, is their sizing different now?

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

blacksheep wrote:How much do you want for the 6800? year? I assume size large, would that be 18/19 or 19/20, is their sizing different now?

Yup, size Large. I think its 20ish? Maybe 20-21.

Its older so the tech isn't the best on it, as in V-brakes etc, however the quality on the parts are near top notch for the time. I believe its all Shamano LT or Diore. Like I said, was ~2100$ new i think. I'm sure I still have the receipt somewhere.

Not sure how much a crappy CDN tire bike is, but think 350$ would be fair? The bike is still on its original tires, brake pads, everything. It does however need oil in the forks because of being stored upside down and leaking oil.