XC Composites Carbon Fiber Pipe Guards

Only RMDRA Members may post any type of classified ad. RMDRA Members are free to advertise items and services that don't fit into the other classified categories.

This section is NOT for Dealer transactions even if you are an RMDRA member. Dealer ads should be posted in the RMDRA Advertiser Promotions forum.

If you are not an RMDRA Member, you may reply to any post, but you may NOT start a new post.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules.
No bumping of classified ads or links to auction sites.
EvanC

XC Composites Carbon Fiber Pipe Guards

Post by EvanC »

After a number of years destroying carbon pipe guards out in the bush, we have decided to start making our own.

Currently, XC Composites will be offering 2-stroke off-road guards beginning in early May. These guards are reasonably priced and stronger than much of what is currently on the market. We will be using more advanced building techniques and stronger materials to maximize strength. We are confident enough in the products we are creating that we will even be offering a short warrenty on our products!
If you need a strong guard to protect your pipe or need your current guard repaired, give us a shout and we will help you out. Throughout the summer, product lines will be quickly extended.

Pre-Orders are starting now with production starting in early May.
If you would like more info, give us a shout at (519) 830-2180 or visit www.XCcomposites.com

EvanC

Post by EvanC »

Hey guys,

I have been MIA on this site for quite a while as I was seriously busy over the summer. Unfortunatly, work kept me busy enough that I didn't have time to do near as much guard-building or riding! I'm sorry to all of you whom I was unable to make guards for over the summer (there are a lot of you guys!). I am currently back at school out in Ontario so XC Composites will be shut down for the majority of the winter. My techniques have finally been figured and I am experimenting with some super strong new materials. Over the summer, I had the opportunity to make a number of extremely high-temp guards for use directly on the husaberg pipes. These guards experienced no melting or burning, without the use of pedestals. Hopefully I will be able to use this technique with the other 4-stroke guards out there. I will also be starting to use multi-axial carbon for additional strength, much stronger than the asthetically pleasing twill carbon commonly in use. One layer of this fabric is comparable in thickness to the final thickness of many guards ont he market right now. My inovative ideas are only limited by my lack of time! Once I am back in the swing of production, I will start to stock products for the more popular bikes.

Thanks to those who purchased products from me over the summer and sorry to those I was unable to serve! In the future, I expect things to move with more speed and quality.

For anyone looking to contact me, my number has changed to (519) 835-8160 or I can be reached through my website at www.xccomposites.com.

Evan Cockshutt