Katana GSX1100F

Buy, sell or trade motorcycles in this forum.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules.
No links to auction sites.
No bumping of classified ads.
BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Katana GSX1100F

Post by BackInAction »

Any of you big city types need a decent, affordable, street bike to commute or root around the outskirts on?

If so, you may be interested in this pretty sano, '88, big Kat. Don't get spooked by the year, it's actually in really good condition for it age (one of the reasons I bought it). About 47,600km on it.

New Lasertec Metzlers, functioning elec. adjustable windshield, I'd send the tank bag along with it too if desired, also have a set of soft bags that the previous owner used for some touring. It's been nicely cared for, stored inside, etc. and looks better than it should given it's age. For example, the pipes are original as near as I can tell and still totally solid.

It was considered a sport touring category bike in it's day I believe. Still has more thrill in it than I anticipated the first time I rolled back the right grip.

I fixed a leaking vacuum line to the tank petcock and changed fluid in the hyd. clutch (it was a big mushy) since I've owned it and it's always run fine so I never got around to doing anything else regarding tuning, etc.

I paid a little over $2000.00 for it when I acquired it about 2 years ago, but would be happy to see $1500.00 for it today. Make me an offer.

It's presently tucked away in my brother's garage in Edm. & somebody should be getting some use out of it.

I should'a bought a dual-sport (or at least a V-Strom type) for out where I'm at and my penchant for checking out every gravel road and wagon trail in sight. This big road honey just isn't quite the right road ride for me....had to buy it, of course, to figure that out.

I would also consider a trade of a similar valued, running, foof dirt bike (beginner to intermediate dirt putt-putt type). Try me. Presently I could use a putter around bike more than this seasoned road steed.

If interested, fire away. PM likely the best route.
Katana For Sale 002_web.jpg
’07 Berg FE650E
'06 DRZ400S
Goals: Start a race in 2012;Roost Fryguy;Wheelie in 6th;Beer

BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Katana GSX1100F

Post by BackInAction »

This road burner is available, but is now sitting on consignment at Recycle Motorcycles in Stoney Plain. They believe it's worth more than I did. Who knew?

FYI: I had never heard of this place until a few weeks ago. These guys sell an interesting array of older bikes including dirt bikes in addition to their major bike recycling (salvage) operation. Stuff like a pretty sano 2000 Vertimatti 503, or a nicely built up 1977 Yam YZ400. For anyone looking for older, odd or different stuff (scooters, whatever), their site may be interesting to look at....not to mention the used parts aspect.

...and, no I don't work for them and am not affiliated (other than having my bike there for sale). I just like window shopping fun stuff...and sharing.
:D
’07 Berg FE650E
'06 DRZ400S

BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BackInAction »

Oops!

Steve-O had to take out a couple inappropriately placed links I stuck in my last blurb. Sorry Steve-O....and crew. :blush: I did read the rules some time ago, but obviously forgot that part in the excitement of posting (damn rookies). Will refrain in future.

In lieu of the actual links, if you want to see their ad for this bike it's on Kijiji, and if you are interested looking at the interesting collection of old/odd bikes on their website PM me for the link or search it off the web. (and you can find my bike there too hiding under the used stuff button... :thumbsup: )
’07 Berg FE650E
'06 DRZ400S

BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BackInAction »

This bike is sold!
’07 Berg FE650E
'06 DRZ400S