2005 - Aprilia RSV1000R

Buy, sell or trade motorcycles in this forum.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules.
No links to auction sites.
No bumping of classified ads.
Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

2005 - Aprilia RSV1000R

Post by Shibby! »

Not sure how many sport bike riders there are on this forum, but because of lack of use I'm considering selling my baby.

Red 2005 Aprilia RSV1000R. ~400 made it into North America this year of production. No idea how many of those made it into Canada, but a small fraction.
- K&N Filter
- Aprilia Map 2 FI setting,
- Recalled swing-arm installed,
- New Pilot Road 2 tires (not mounted yet, currently Pilot 2tc's on it)
- Aftermarket tinted windscreen,
- Relocated Shindegen regulator charging battery directly and new stator (common issue with RSVR's)
- 15/42 gearing with newer chain and additional 40 and 16 sprokets,
- Cored factory pipes that make Harley riders shake in thier pantaloons, - This isn't just removed fiberglass, it's new 2.5" stainless steel per cores and race pack muffler packing and stainless rivets. Materials ran me a few hundred US and many hours in the garage cursing. Quite common in the Aprilia crowd.
- Akropovic Titanium SP2 pipes not installed,
- HID headlights on low beams [bi-low and bi-highs (which are still halogen)],
- AF-1 solid linkage connections,
- Scorpio Alarm with motion, knock, and tilt sensor. Includes FOB with activiation notification and 1 mile range.
- 22,500 km's on the Rotax built, Aprilia designed engine.

At the moment requires nothing except fork oil change, and eventually the new tires to be installed. Valve check wouldn't be a bad idea and I may get to that soon but these engines have been known to be very good reliability wise and valve maintenance wise (it's not a Ducati).

If interested, lemme know. With this bike it takes a special person to understand it's unique character and qualities. It handles amazingly and loves cornering under moderate to hard accelleration. Great to lead the jap bikes when you can get on the gas so much earlier and easier.

Price: $11,000 O.B.O
Last edited by Shibby! on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
03 Honda XR650R Dualsported

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Re: 2005 - Aprilia RSV1000R

Post by steve-o »

Price please.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

steve-o wrote:Price please.
Just included in original post.

Dirtbuddy420
Writer
Writer

Post by Dirtbuddy420 »

Wat no pic's of the sexy beast :confused:
2008 WR450

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Dirtbuddy420 wrote:Wat no pic's of the sexy beast :confused:

Nooooo, but can be seen in my garage... I don't have a picture on my work computer.

Faster than a 999, and much more rare without the added expense of maintenance.

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

Shibby! wrote:Faster than a 999, and much more rare without the added expense of maintenance.
How about a RC51SP2? I wish your bike was an RSV Factory, then I could wish/dream some more.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

250scott wrote:
Shibby! wrote:Faster than a 999, and much more rare without the added expense of maintenance.
How about a RC51SP2? I wish your bike was an RSV Factory, then I could wish/dream some more.
It was the fastest twin out of those three till the 1098 and *shudder* Buell came out.

The factory is nice, but upgrades aren't really worth the extra money you paid to get the Factory. The Factory included:

- Forged OZ wheels (only on 04-05) - Only option I'd REALLY want, and have almost bought a few times.
- Carbon Fiber sides, radiator vents, and wind shrouds - Bling is always nice...
- Maintenance whore base line Ohlins forks - Meh..
- Base line, but decent rear shock - Ok. New unit sells for 500 USD I think.
- Ohlins damper. I have yet to get any shake from this bike so think the damper is useless weight/bling and I have the back jacked up quite high (the Sach's is height adjustable)

Upgraded price was between 6-8 grand.

Keep in mind if you are looking and comparing to 04's, the 04's often have low mileage because of a resetting ODO. They have been recalled, but not after some had 10's of thousands of K "reset". With some of the 04's I've seen, I can almost gaurantee the mileage isn't actual mileage on the unit.

Also, the 04's are the only year that are capable of being imported (this might have changed), and they lack the radial mounted brakes/calipers which do feel different. (My buddy has an 04 and I've rode it quite a bit)

Some other nice features of the RSVR:

- Steel lines front and rear,
- Brembo wheels (non-factory)
- Brembo clutch/brakes (master and calipers)
- Lap timer
- Adjustable red-line on tach,
- Fuel injection,
- Adjustable rear ride height,

I also forgot to mention my bike has a Scorpio Alarm with motion, tilt, and knock sensor with fob readout and alarm/vibrate. Range up to 1 mile I think.

Also, the only reason I'm wanting to sell is lack of use. Last year I rode it 2500 km's. Including a trip to B.C where we got rained out (been doing an annual trip every year since I started riding). I'm looking for a dual sport or adventure bike that I can use more. I've done the sport bike thing for 10 years now including 2001 R6, 2001 R1, 2001 GSXR1000, and now this bike. I love it. It gets lot of attention. Lots of "I've only seen them in magazines", or "wow, I've seen the Ducati's, but never the Aprilia, etc". Unfortunately buying a house limits the number of bikes I can have at one time...

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Shibby used to live just down the alley from me, that is one sweet sounding, bad-a$$$ bike. Last time I saw it, it was in primo - mint condition ( Thirtyseven - that means really shiny) . WR Dave
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

While I'm at it. I have this red rocket sitting in my garage still. I think I put maybe 500 km's on it last year. Mileage is still under 24,000 IIRC.

Took it to work once. Posed at Starbucks :blush: twice, and rode it to Canmore and turned around because of rain clouds.

Open to reasonable offers.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Old pic of the bike which was on my work computer..