2002 Yamaha WR 426 for sale

Buy, sell or trade motorcycles in this forum.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules.
No links to auction sites.
No bumping of classified ads.
chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

OK, OK. I guess I need to fill you in a bit more.

I want to build one bike that does a few different things. I just sold my WR that I used only on the woods. I have a built up DR650 that I use to commute with, and go on longer D/S rides (through BC). I plan to sell the DR as well, and get something e-start that I can add a dual sport kit to and get a big tank for. I have seen guys riding XR650's in the woods and can only imagine a CRF650X to be that much better. There will be compromises on either end (dirt vs street). The WR450 is at the top of my list right now only because I have had 3 Yamaha thumpers and all have been great bikes. The KTM 525 (factory D/S) is very tempting also, but I have never had an orange bike and have heard good things and horror stories. The guys who have them seem to think it's the only real bike out there.

I don't mean to bash other brands, I apologize if gave that impression. Everything is good these days, it's just a matter of finding the balance between 2 worlds. :cheers:
Speed kills. Live forever. Ride a Yamaha.

2007 KTM 450 exc
2003 V-Strom 1000
1977 Yamaha XT 500
1973 Honda Z50

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

I can't believe how many KTM dual sports I've seen on the road in Calgary this year. I also saw an old Honda XL last week. That was my first and only bike that was street legal. A Honda XL 125.

I learned the difference in mass between a 1978 XL125 and a 1968 Monaco. :eek: :blush: Sold the bike and vowed to get a full time dirt bike when I could afford a pickup or a car and trailer. Sixteen years later I was a Yamaha man until my first KTM last year.

It is amazing how the bikes have progressed from the 70's to now! :thumbsup:

Sapper33

Post by Sapper33 »

chucker wrote:OI just sold my WR that I used only on the woods.
So I guess I won't be taking a look at it this weekend...dammit. Well, glad you sold it, just sorry it wasn't to me.