2006 KTM 250XC

Buy, sell or trade motorcycles in this forum.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules.
No links to auction sites.
No bumping of classified ads.
Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

2006 KTM 250XC

Post by Suzanne »

2006 KTM 250XC

Includes extra air filter, skid plate, headlight/taillight
(aftermarket), rad guards, oversized rear master cyclinder, power
valves for easy transition from topend to bottomend power.. bush
ready.

Tell your friends.

$5800

:applause:
Mrs. Wildman

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

didn't you just buy this :excuse: Getting something else?

crazy2wheeler
Novelist
Novelist

Post by crazy2wheeler »

MtnBlue wrote:didn't you just buy this :excuse: Getting something else?
Yeah??? WTF?
Derek R - 2011 40A - #24A

ASORM - Alberta Society of Off-Road Motorcyclists

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

I'm quitting dirtbiking and buying a quad.

Post by Suzanne »

I'm quitting dirtbiking and buying a quad.

JUST KIDDING!!! Ha ha.

Yesterday I went to the track and rode around there and then packed up and rode for a couple hours at Mclean. It was my first time really ripping on the bike and....

The bike is amazing. So smooth, so powerful, lots of bottom-end. I Love it. But it's just too darn tall for me. And heavier than the YZ250 I had last year.

So an opportunity popped up for me to get a 2007 200 XC-W and that's what I'm gonna do. Smaller frame and lighter.

Plus, my dad will be really happy. He freaked out when I couldn't touch the ground and rolled out of Blackfoot with a studded front tire (Thank-you Dean C.). I've been in too many accidents so I should probably get a bike more suited for someone my size (I mean, with my big pipes and all - easy Derek).

So, if you know anyone. I've got it all cleaned up and ready to roll, I mean, Ready to Race.

SuzyQ

:banana:

Enough
Mrs. Wildman

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

How did you ride at Maclean if it is closed until May?? :confused:
Speed kills. Live forever. Ride a Yamaha.

2007 KTM 450 exc
2003 V-Strom 1000
1977 Yamaha XT 500
1973 Honda Z50

stubble_jumper16
Journalist
Journalist

Re: I'm quitting dirtbiking and buying a quad.

Post by stubble_jumper16 »

Suzanne wrote:I'm quitting dirtbiking and buying a quad.

JUST KIDDING!!! Ha ha.

Yesterday I went to the track and rode around there and then packed up and rode for a couple hours at Mclean. It was my first time really ripping on the bike and....

The bike is amazing. So smooth, so powerful, lots of bottom-end. I Love it. But it's just too darn tall for me. And heavier than the YZ250 I had last year.

So an opportunity popped up for me to get a 2007 200 XC-W and that's what I'm gonna do. Smaller frame and lighter.

Plus, my dad will be really happy. He freaked out when I couldn't touch the ground and rolled out of Blackfoot with a studded front tire (Thank-you Dean C.). I've been in too many accidents so I should probably get a bike more suited for someone my size (I mean, with my big pipes and all - easy Derek).

So, if you know anyone. I've got it all cleaned up and ready to roll, I mean, Ready to Race.

SuzyQ

:banana:

Enough
None by business, but the 200 XCW, and the 250XC have the same seat height. They are both 925mm high. The 200XCW is 6 pounds lighter. Which does make a difference. If you decide to go through and get the 200, you make want to cut the frame down. A friend of mind, did that on her 200. Also, you may want to get a lower seat profile. :cheers:

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Suzanne »

um, maybe not Mclean. Uh.. somewhere else just like Mclean. :blush:
Mrs. Wildman

Suzanne
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Suzanne »

decisions decisions. I really appreciate everyone's advice.

I really feel like I have more control on the 200. And it FEELS sooo much lighter than 6lbs. I'm gonna give it a go.

Worse case scenerio, I'll switch to something else.

I love biking.
Mrs. Wildman

BradC
Writer
Writer

Big Wheel!

Post by BradC »

Hey Suzanne!

Last time I checked, most bikes come with footpegs to put your feet on while you were "Riding"....

Then again I've never had to worry about that. I'm so fat that when I sit on my bike I feel like I'm riding a Big Wheel! :banana:

I will post some pictures this evening of MY NEW RIDE!!! LOL

You'll be jealous!

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

bogas KTM data

Post by Zeal »

I remember having this conversation with you in the fall, and you convinced me to go with the 300 since it is not much heavier than the 200 (according to KTM it is about 8lbs).

However, dirt rider is reporting that it is more like 18 lbs, so my idea to diet for the difference may not work so well. The other factor to consider is that the engine inertia of the 250 is greater than the 200, and makes the 250 "feel" heavier when laying it into a corner.

About the height, there is no height difference by spec, and it is probably the spring rate difference that a person notices when handling the bike. You will likely have to cut the seat down either way. An electric turkey knife works really well. My advice, buy an exercise ball and do 15min of wall sits 4 times a week. You won't need you seat much after that.

About the weight, I thought that the yz was heavier than the ktm? Have you actually measured it?
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

otter
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by otter »

Do you still have the bike?Maybe some Pictures as well, or a number to call to have a look at it.

Brad

fushu
User
User

Post by fushu »

this bike still for sale? i have a friend whos lookin...