Endurance Ice Tires

If you have Off-Road Motorcycle parts or accessories for sale, this is the place to post them. Dealer ads should be posted in the RMDRA Advertiser Promotions forum.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules, but here are a few rules below.
Off-Road Motorcycle Parts and Accessories only.
Creating multiple ads isn't allowed.
Create one ad with multiple items.
No bumping of classified ads.
All items must have a price.
These rules will be enforced by deletion.
BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Endurance Ice Tires

Post by BackInAction »

Hey All!

Have several endurance ice tires I've been hanging onto far too long. These are 2008/2009 version, Fornier tires. Same tires the front pros were running then, and the top tire until 2010 when Charlie's tires showed up & Fornier's changed to keep pace. Should still be great for novices or for practice tires.

Stored full time in heated garage. Slight tarnish on the studs from being hauled to the ice and back.
_ _ _ _ _ _
Pair: Front 21" Bridgestone/Rear 18" Shinko - mounted and used once on a 250. Nothing missing. Barely visible wear showing on the rear. $300 OBO

Rear: 18" Shinko - brand new. Never mounted. $200 OBO

Rear: 18" Shinko - this was raced and does show minor wear. I think it's the 2008 tire as the stud pattern is slightly different with a few less studs. All knobs intact. Lots left. $100 OBO

Front: 21" Bridgestone - was raced. Knobs and studs look good but the outer carcass has sidewall cracking. $-Will throw in with package deal on any of the others.
_ _ _ _ _ _

$500 OBO for the whole pile.

I live 1.5 hours west of Edm on Hwy 16. Will figure out a way to get them to you wherever you are....in Alberta.

BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Endurance Ice Tires

Post by BackInAction »

Hi All!

Doesn't seem to be much interest in these heavy duty studded tires. I get it. They're out of date and a bit old.

Hate to just chuck them, but I need to make space and am just not going to be using them myself.

Would like to see someone who will shoehorn them on take them as opposed to throwing them away. I'll give it another couple weeks and then the local dump will be calling.

If you have any interest, let me know and we'll work out how to get them to you. They would still make great novice class wheels for someone just starting into the endurance scene or in need of extra tires and not worried about being at the cutting edge of the studded technology. They do stick very well.

Thanks!

Perry730

Post by Perry730 »

Hi,

I am interested and am in Exshaw, west of Calgary. I do travel to Red Deer frequently so I am sure we could figure something out. Thanks!

Kyle
Kyle Perry

Ynot303
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Ynot303 »

PM Sent
2024 RMDRA Treasurer - #303

BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BackInAction »

First: General apology for falling off the face of the earth with regard to the ice tires and this thread.

Second: Special apology to: Rod, Bark, Ynot303, Perry730, and RJHenry who all PM'd me at different times in early 2018 inquiring.

Third: I still have the darn tires & am bringing them down to the Crossfield area (just north of Calgary) this weekend. They will be placed there for an interested party to come out and nab, or I will even run them into Calgary someplace to hand them off if the timing works (I should be around that area all next week....Sept.9, etc.).

Same list of tires that started this thread. Been sitting in the heated garage since I last contacted planet earth when the guys above were PMing me in early 2018.

As before, happy to hand them off at this point to someone who wants to try endurance style, 2-way ice tires.

If anyone wants to swap'em for a few brewskies, or a couple jugs of porch climber vino, that would be more than acceptable. Otherwise, just come and get'em.

First come, first served. I will answer any and all PMs I get this time. Firm promise.

wheels13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by wheels13 »

PM sent

BackInAction
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BackInAction »

Hey All!

RJHenry beat wheels13 by 1.5 hrs in PMing me this morning about these tires.

RJ wins! The lucky dog will have them in-hand sometime next week.

The tires have moved!

Thanks!