WP-Rear Spring

If you have Off-Road Motorcycle parts or accessories for sale, this is the place to post them. Dealer ads should be posted in the RMDRA Advertiser Promotions forum.
Forum rules
Please read the classified ad rules, but here are a few rules below.
Off-Road Motorcycle Parts and Accessories only.
Creating multiple ads isn't allowed.
Create one ad with multiple items.
No bumping of classified ads.
All items must have a price.
These rules will be enforced by deletion.
MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

WP-Rear Spring

Post by MtnBlue »

I've got a brand new in the box 9.2 rear spring for sale. PM me if you're interested

bneu
User
User

spring

Post by bneu »

what is the stock spring for an 06 300 xcw
07 Aprilia sxv 550
06 300XC-W
04 Scorpa SY 250

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

bneu
User
User

rear spring

Post by bneu »

That sound like it will probably be to heavy for me (165lbs with gear). what is the next size up from stock??
07 Aprilia sxv 550
06 300XC-W
04 Scorpa SY 250

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: rear spring

Post by dirtyboy »

bneu wrote:That sound like it will probably be to heavy for me (165lbs with gear). what is the next size up from stock??
IMO, 7.6 is the correct spring for you as I'm 165lbs without gear and have tried the 8.0 but it was too heavy. I think the 7.6 would be right for you. Check your fork springs. They are probably too light if you remove all the preload spacers. :thumbsup:

bneu
User
User

WP rear spring

Post by bneu »

Thanks, It feels good with the 7.6. However in order to get the proper rider sag I dont have quite enough unloaded (no rider sag). I thought mabey a heaver spring would bracket the numbers better??
07 Aprilia sxv 550
06 300XC-W
04 Scorpa SY 250

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: WP rear spring

Post by dirtyboy »

bneu wrote:Thanks, It feels good with the 7.6. However in order to get the proper rider sag I dont have quite enough unloaded (no rider sag). I thought mabey a heaver spring would bracket the numbers better??
You may be right, however the difference between the 7.6 and 8.0 in feel, for me, was that the 8.0 kicked the rear end over things like logs and with the 7.6 it is more settled. I could get basically the same sag number with both springs but the preload amount was 3mm vs. 6mm with the 7.6. And I am doing the Golden KTM Rule. :D

What year bike? Has the shock ever been serviced? Again, what about the front springs?

I had to put stiffer front springs in which put more force onto the rear and thus increase your static sag (no rider). Other variables with the sag are where your forks are positioned in the triple clamps. Where you position your body when measuring sag.

Since I stand when riding, when I do my sag, I stand on the pegs with head over the number plate. That may make my sag numbers work better with the lighter spring. Also, I try to have about 3/4 of a tank of gas in the bike since I always fill up and never run out of gas so I figure that averages it out.

Just firing out some ideas, or brain storming with you. In the end, it has to be right for you.
:cheers:

bneu
User
User

WP springs

Post by bneu »

Good point about standing up to measure sag. As I stand 95% of the time as well. I could possably decrease my preload a little if I were to measure that way. that would probably put my static sag where it needs to be. I am really happy with the front suspension as it is a huge improvement over my old bike. However I may not realize how much better it can be with further spring and valving mods. Would you recomend a stiffer front spring?? Where do you have your WP suspension serviced?? As I have not serviced mine yet(13 hours on bike).

06 300 XCW

Thanks, any info is of great help.

I am on a waiting list for the new Aprilia SXV 5.5 supermotard. should be here by mid august. It will be street legal.
Could be a lot of fun?
07 Aprilia sxv 550
06 300XC-W
04 Scorpa SY 250

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: WP springs

Post by dirtyboy »

bneu wrote:Would you recomend a stiffer front spring??
Check the spring calulators on the suspension web sites. racetech has one, etc.

I'm using 43 springs in the front and do my own forks. Dump the oil and put new stuff in. Easy.

I think you should start a thread in "Technical" since we have hijacked this classified post.

Sorry MtnBlue. :blush:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Re: WP springs

Post by MtnBlue »

dirtyboy wrote:
bneu wrote:Would you recomend a stiffer front spring??
Check the spring calulators on the suspension web sites. racetech has one, etc.

I'm using 43 springs in the front and do my own forks. Dump the oil and put new stuff in. Easy.

I think you should start a thread in "Technical" since we have hijacked this classified post.

Sorry MtnBlue. :blush:
Yeah.........! :cool:

bneu
User
User

wp spring

Post by bneu »

Thanks, If I have any more questions I will start a new thread. :blush:
07 Aprilia sxv 550
06 300XC-W
04 Scorpa SY 250