Lone Ranger - Where does it go?

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Lone Ranger - Where does it go?

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but a couple of guys and I rode Lone Ranger heading south. When we got the south the end of the trail at marker 154 (over that great little Bridge!) we were planning to head further south on Outlaw, but we were unable to locate it. After some wandering aimlessly in the area up the trail we thought was Outlaw we found a river and that river had taken over the trail.... We were unsure if it was the cutline or Outlaw, so we ended decided not to take the chance of riding on restricted trails we just headed back on Lone Ranger.

So does the Lone Ranger to Outlaw intersection still exist, or is it just too well disguised for my razor sharp directional skills?? :blush:
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Lone Ranger - Where does it go?

Post by axel99 »

Cross the up and over, go right, cross the creek, then left through the open area, just stay closer to the right side of the open area.
#Z3B

cmurray
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cmurray »

axel99 wrote:Cross the up and over, go right, cross the creek, then left through the open area, just stay closer to the right side of the open area.
Wow we were so close, but as they say a miss is as good as a mile!
2009 WR 250 F

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

So the river was running down the trail...
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

I haven't ridden LR since the flooding, so maybe something has changed with the river Glen, but like Alex mentioned, you turn right on the truck trail after the up & over bridge, cross the river then look for an open meadow on your left, head to the S. W. corner of the meadow & look for the singletrack. Sounds like more signs have been pulled down.

cmurray
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cmurray »

trailguy wrote:I haven't ridden LR since the flooding, so maybe something has changed with the river Glen, but like Alex mentioned, you turn right on the truck trail after the up & over bridge, cross the river then look for an open meadow on your left, head to the S. W. corner of the meadow & look for the singletrack. Sounds like more signs have been pulled down.
To be honest I don't even recall seeing the open meadow, will have to check it out again another time. But for sure the creek seemed to be flowing in all sorts of places where it should not, probably the result of the flooding.
2009 WR 250 F

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

I've ridden the trail you guys were likely on that parallel's the river in the trees, it eventually ends up in a swamp i believe. The meadow is approx. 100 meters after the river crossing.

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

The meadow was the grassy spot just after the up and over for the fence.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W

cmurray
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cmurray »

Dakota_c69 wrote:The meadow was the grassy spot just after the up and over for the fence.
So we did head down that way for a bit, where those very steep hill climbs were on our left, guess we didn't look hard enough...
2009 WR 250 F

Nashole
User
User

Post by Nashole »

where is Lone Ranger? What trail markers does it start on?

I know a lot of trails out at FT, but the only one of which I know the name is Callaway. (I think thats the name.) and (Razor Back) I think that's the one too.

Is there a reference guide I can access to learn the names or is it all "up here" as they say. in the heads of enthusiasts.

I wish I had more time to me more active in the club like I planned to be this year, then I'd know more of these names.

thanks for the help, see ya!

cmurray
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cmurray »

Nashole wrote:where is Lone Ranger? What trail markers does it start on?

I know a lot of trails out at FT, but the only one of which I know the name is Callaway. (I think thats the name.) and (Razor Back) I think that's the one too.

Is there a reference guide I can access to learn the names or is it all "up here" as they say. in the heads of enthusiasts.

I wish I had more time to me more active in the club like I planned to be this year, then I'd know more of these names.

thanks for the help, see ya!
Lone Ranger is out at McLean Creek...
2009 WR 250 F

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

cmurray wrote:
Dakota_c69 wrote:The meadow was the grassy spot just after the up and over for the fence.
So we did head down that way for a bit, where those very steep hill climbs were on our left, guess we didn't look hard enough...
If the steep hill climbs were on your left then you turned left after the up and over bridge. You need to turn right and cross the creek before getting to Outlaw on the left.

Please don't climb or go over by those hill climbs as there is some equestrian stuff over there and they like to report all issue to SRD which makes it harder to keep trails in the area.

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Yes, after heading to the river and seeing the river overtaking the trail, we thought we may have went the wrong direction, so we heading the other way towards those hill climbs, but quickly realized that was the actually the wrong way and just headed back on Lone Ranger. No hill climbing for us!
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W