Kelowna/Vernon riding?

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Kelowna/Vernon riding?

Post by kawasakijockey »

Heading out to BC soon. Staying at a buddies lake front cabin on west side road between Vernon and kelowna. Anyone know of some trails close by? Quad or single-track don't matter just wanna ride...

clamacious
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Kelowna/Vernon riding?

Post by clamacious »

Bear Creek OHV area is just up the forestry road directly across from Bear Creek Provincial Park. It's about 15 minutes or so outside of Kelowna up the west side of Okanagan Lake; sounds like the perfect call for you.

You'll need a day pass ($10.00 per) to ride, available at local bike shops. Check out: http://www.okanagantrailriders.com/bearcreek/

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

clamacious wrote:Bear Creek OHV area is just up the forestry road directly across from Bear Creek Provincial Park. It's about 15 minutes or so outside of Kelowna up the west side of Okanagan Lake; sounds like the perfect call for you.

You'll need a day pass ($10.00 per) to ride, available at local bike shops. Check out: http://www.okanagantrailriders.com/bearcreek/
X2, bear creek is alot of fun. Get a pass...I was checked. The locals have have a wed ride night. Google will turn up a local forum and get you self hooked up with a couple of locals. Trails are marked really well. I think the MX track is open on Wednesdays.
#Z3B

kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Post by kawasakijockey »

Sounds awesome. Thanks for the help I'll definitely check it out and post an after trip report. Taking the wife and kids as well so hope there are some easy trails there as well.

Thanks

Husaberg hunk... Formally the kawasaki Jockey

clamacious
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by clamacious »

The trails are rated like a ski hill: green, blue, black. There's tons of relaxed green cruising out there so your kids will really enjoy it.

kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Post by kawasakijockey »

Well trip was a success. Never hit bear creek but did ride sugarloaf mountain with a local friend of a friend. Very dry out that way and they are big sticklers for spark arrestors. Was an awesome ride mostly quad mixed with some intermediate single. I will be back to explore more...