MCLEAN CREEK FLOOD DAMAGE

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

MCLEAN CREEK FLOOD DAMAGE

Post by timbruce »

I heard rumor there is no access to Mclean creek, as the road is out near the store and also at the Fisher south end. Not sure If this is true, but lets be responsible on our bikes if we get access any time soon. We will likely need to do a trail inventory to assess the damage once it dries out. :thinking:

RockNerd
User
User

Re: MCLEAN CREEK FLOOD DAMAGE

Post by RockNerd »

Tim,

Once we are allowed in just let me know what you need done. I'll put in as many days as I can until work picks up.
I hope all that work on PFG didn't just float away!

Kurt

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

I guess this means no long weekend camping at this point :thumbsdown: Might have to take a drive out there tomorrow and see what happens.

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

Braap791 wrote:I guess this means no long weekend camping at this point :thumbsdown: Might have to take a drive out there tomorrow and see what happens.

Read the thread about the RMDRA camp-out.

I'd be surprised if Mclean doesn't open up too. Conditions weren't bad in Wiaparous yesterday. Run-off yes, but not totally washed out.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

*UPDATE*

The wife and I took a drive out last night just to see if there is any roads missing by the store and such. It looks like whatever came accross the road has been cleaned up. We also saw the sani dump truck leaving the paved loop!. There was a barricade put up infront of the gate down the gravel road and at the campground entrance. There were people in the staging area (3 Quads 1 Bike) One old gm truck getting being put on a hook just after the cattleguard entrance to Maclean Trail, 4 more quads that came from behind the barricade and were bombing up the paved road and one filthy old yoda that also bypassed the gravel road barricade :thumbsdown: . There was a fair amount of driving around traffic I think alot of people had the same Idea as we did. Lets hope they open up for the weekend!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Look under adopt-a-trail forum >> Police and Fire Games >> for information about single track infrastructure issues from the flooding. I'm sure that's just the start of it.

Tuscanymx

Post by Tuscanymx »

Hi all,
Just curious if there are any updates for McLean? Can we ride even though McLean Creek Trail is closed?
Thanks in advance!

diabolus42
Contributor
Contributor

Post by diabolus42 »

Fisher South staging area is open. I rode the area on Wednesday and the trails were relatively dry and in good shape.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

After the 5K (approx 6 K) the culvert and road are washed out just before the bridge on the right side which could explain why the road was closed..... The muskeg mats on grizzly survived the original bridge could use some propping up with a log underneath but otherwise in good shape. PFG should be avoided until the mats can be put back. That small creek is not as shallow as it looks.. Priddis XC is soft and could use a couple weeks for drying out same with the bottom leg of J2S. Swanys seemed ok with lots of bike traffic. Elbow lookout was dry. Area 51 was in good shape closer to the end (closer to cloud 9) could use a week for drying out. Past prez was mint and Quirk Mountain was in good shape.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Thanks for the update Braap. Another trail that should be avoided until it dry's out is Voo Doo Trees, please give this one at least a couple more weeks. Its been thrashed from to many riders riding it in the wet spring season which unfortunately has gone until the end of June the last 3 years. :thumbsdown: