Fallen Timber

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Fallen Timber

Post by Cberg77 »

Has anyone been out to Fallen Timber lately and can give an update on the snow conditions?

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Fallen Timber

Post by Shibby! »

South Wiaparous has 4-10" of snow. In sections previously existing snow is still there. It's full on winter as of last weekend.

Will likely be going out again this weekend for one reason or another. Will report back.

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Shibby! wrote:South Wiaparous has 4-10" of snow. In sections previously existing snow is still there. It's full on winter as of last weekend.

Will likely be going out again this weekend for one reason or another. Will report back.
Is anything rideable without studs if you were to start at the gravel pit, or is it all snow and ice? I'd love to get out tomorrow if it's not too bad. ...Steve

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

I was out today. No studs. There are some stretches that are brutal but overall it was a good ride. The snow wasn't the issue in the tough parts; it was the ice.

I would imagine that witht the warmer weather, everything should be good in a week or so.

:cheers:
#826A

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

Grimlock wrote:I was out today. No studs. There are some stretches that are brutal but overall it was a good ride. The snow wasn't the issue in the tough parts; it was the ice.

I would imagine that witht the warmer weather, everything should be good in a week or so.

Thanks for the info. I think we're going to head out and see how it goes. I'll report on conditions when we get back. ...Steve

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

Grimlock wrote:I was out today. No studs. There are some stretches that are brutal but overall it was a good ride. The snow wasn't the issue in the tough parts; it was the ice.

Probably be wise to leave the studs on for one more weekend?

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

If you just pay attention to where you are riding into, you will be fine. The nastiness could have been avoided today but it was my first time back in the saddle of my GasGas and I thought I was Graham Jarvis. Turns out I still suck! :lol:
#826A

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

I'm quite surprised it can turn around so quick.

This was last Sunday while waiting for some buddies to catch up.

Last edited by Shibby! on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Please tread lightly this time of the year. A number of really great trails in the waiparous area were trashed from early riding (ie that 2 week or so window when the frost is leaving the ground) :thumbsup

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

MtnBlue wrote:Please tread lightly this time of the year. A number of really great trails in the waiparous area were trashed from early riding (ie that 2 week or so window when the frost is leaving the ground) :thumbsup

x2
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Zeal
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Zeal »

x1000
08 GasGas (That's the Brand fool!)
250 EC

#999 Int.

SteveOg
Writer
Writer

Post by SteveOg »

We went out for a few hours, mostly to check conditions and so my buddy could try his new bike. Stuck to the road as there was still a ton of ice and snow, and it was too slippery to be fun. Maybe a couple more weeks.