Mclean

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Mclean

Post by primerib72 »

The quads are invading...wish I had a camera with me yesterday when I went for a ride. Police and fire games is real bad and they are trying to push into horizon east as well. Repair a couple of signs that looked to be pulled off in that area. Did some scouting in the west end and there are quad tracks going into elbow look out too.
CR250R

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Mclean

Post by Braap791 »

I would be interested in assisting in the development and installation of a quad pinch point type gate somewhere this is getting rediculous.

Cberg77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cberg77 »

I would lend a hand to do this as well.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

primerib72 wrote:The quads are invading...wish I had a camera with me yesterday when I went for a ride. Police and fire games is real bad and they are trying to push into horizon east as well. Repair a couple of signs that looked to be pulled off in that area. Did some scouting in the west end and there are quad tracks going into elbow look out too.
Pretty sure Mclean isn't open to bikes at this time of the year.

bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bikingagain »

I am sure he had a permit and was doing trail maintenance. :thumbsup:
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

Braap791 wrote:I would be interested in assisting in the development and installation of a quad pinch point type gate somewhere this is getting rediculous.
I would agree to this as well....unfortunetly I don't think it would help when you see 1 sideXside after another unload at the parking lot and watching them plow through just about everything in there path.
CR250R

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

bikingagain wrote:I am sure he had a permit and was doing trail maintenance. :thumbsup:
A good reminder as this is a public forum and making it clear that Maclean is indeed closed to bikes in the Winter but trail permits have been issued from SRD to RMDRA to enable trails to be inventoried during winter months.
In this case, finding out signs are down, missing and that SRD has no interest in patrolling and enforcing the area to stop this rampant encroachment by quads on the DESIGNATED trail system they so desperately pushed for.
Carry on. :)
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

DoC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DoC »

Braap791 wrote:I would be interested in assisting in the development and installation of a quad pinch point type gate somewhere this is getting rediculous.
I too would lend a hand. There are miles of quad trails and also Ghost is filled with Quad trails (with very little single track). There is a lot of quality quad trail for them. I wonder how they would feel if all their quad trails were used by trucks and destroyed?
I'm stoked, 2 stroked!
http://www.decaldoctorz.com
http://www.facebook.com/decaldoctorz

Instagram: /gsxracing
Instagram: /decaldoctorz

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Spinalguy wrote:
In this case, finding out signs are down, missing and that SRD has no interest in patrolling and enforcing the area to stop this rampant encroachment by quads on the DESIGNATED trail system they so desperately pushed for.
I agree, it's the same story every year and quite frankly all these efforts seem like a complete waste of time. It's going to happen, nothing will be done about it, it will never be policed, except perhaps from end users that are confident enough to police it themselves, which I probably wouldn't do these days as most of these abusers are very :redneck: like which I translate into a good chance of me being stabbed or shot if I did.

Bark
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Bark »

Spinalguy wrote:
bikingagain wrote:I am sure he had a permit and was doing trail maintenance. :thumbsup:
A good reminder as this is a public forum and making it clear that Maclean is indeed closed to bikes in the Winter but trail permits have been issued from SRD to RMDRA to enable trails to be inventoried during winter months.
Primerib72 definitely has a winter signage permit so he is 100% legal to be scouting has he did. Thanks Rib!

Thanks,
Aaron

primerib72
Columnist
Columnist

Post by primerib72 »

There was easily 20-30 quads/side X sides out there.....all big, powerful, with winches and now big bush gaurds in the front. Tough to say what we could do to stop it if we can at all.
CR250R

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Maybe it is time to revisit this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8170&hilit=width&start=60

There was discussion as to whether physical barriers were required or just more comprehensive signage was the the answer...
_______
Glenn.
2024 KTM 300 XC-W
2018 KTM 250 XC
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

WRocks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by WRocks »

What condition was the muskeg matting in? Hopefully it has been left alone, although I suspect there could be issues with it this spring.
We had to repair it a couple years ago, as the quadders took a section out and tried to use it for a bridge... :thumbsdown:
RMDRA lifetime member
2013 350 XCF
2015 450 SXF with Timbersled MHLT

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Dakota_c69 wrote:Maybe it is time to revisit this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8170&hilit=width&start=60

There was discussion as to whether physical barriers were required or just more comprehensive signage was the the answer...
After you had volunteered to head up the" Width Control Project"( see Dakota_69 link above) as well as many other volunteers and materials donated, I asked the Exec. what they where doing with this project. They were not interested in proceeding with the Width Controls, one concern was most of the volunteers would drop out of the project.
I feel very strongly that we should at least test a couple of trails to see the results. I volunteered in the link above to make a to do Width Control map as not all trail heads need width control. Not sure what the Exec. decided to do with the signage idea. I do know the clubs new Trail Maintenance Direcror - Tim has been in contact with SRD in regards to signs.

timbruce
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by timbruce »

As far as the club goes for the signs, its a yes. However we are waiting on permission from SRD before we can proceed. We are looking into signage that indicates a fine....