Vehicles broken into - Waiporous

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Vehicles broken into - Waiporous

Post by AJRJ »

Just a heads up to anybody going out there. We had 5 vehicles parked at the South Ghost staging area (Right off the trunk road where the pavement ends), 4 of them were broken into. The thieves broke windows on three vehicles, and pryed the door handle on the 4th. Stole gear bags, phones, wallets whatever they could find. A pretty brazen theft if you ask me, as even these days there is quite a bit of traffic, and the vehicles were in full sight of the trunk road.

It appears scrooge is alive and well.... :thumbsdown:

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Vehicles broken into - Waiporous

Post by Hendrix13 »

That really sucks. Hope one of the phones had its location services turned on :crybaby:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

the good news is that 'if' you have theft coverage all your bags and contents should be covered within that,

so not all is lost-

as you probably had your spare brand new airoh helmet, a full set of extra klim gear, your extra new leatt, those four pairs of new goggles, your spare pair of sidi boots all in your new ogio gear bag - all of which should be covered! ;)

sorry about the bs, I hate that sheet.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Did any of the vehicles have alarms with the blueflashing led to indicate it was alarmed?
And why was the 5th truck not broken into.
That sucks :thumbsdown:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

steve-o wrote:the good news is that 'if' you have theft coverage all your bags and contents should be covered within that,

so not all is lost-

as you probably had your spare brand new airoh helmet, a full set of extra klim gear, your extra new leatt, those four pairs of new goggles, your spare pair of sidi boots all in your new ogio gear bag - all of which should be covered! ;)

Sad to hear about the theft and vandalism. I usually don't lock my truck, the pryed door or broken window is not worth all the hassel for what I leave in my truck. A door lock will not keep anyone out of you truck, although it may keep a honest man honest!

When it comes to insurance claims, it really angers me when people embilish on the items that were lost. I don't like to pay for others stolen stuff they actually never owned, thru my higher insurance rates.
#Z3B

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

No need to embellish. I did have a brand new gear bag with spare gear tools etc. GPS, all on top of the broken window. Easy $2k just from me.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

axel99 wrote:
steve-o wrote:the good news is that 'if' you have theft coverage all your bags and contents should be covered within that,

so not all is lost-

Sad to hear about the theft and vandalism. I usually don't lock my truck, the pryed door or broken window is not worth all the hassel for what I leave in my truck. A door lock will not keep anyone out of you truck, although it may keep a honest man honest!

When it comes to insurance claims, it really angers me when people embilish on the items that were lost. I don't like to pay for others stolen stuff they actually never owned, thru my higher insurance rates.
i tried that method of leaving the door unlocked and they still smashed their way in :crybaby:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

twotired
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by twotired »

axel99 wrote:When it comes to insurance claims, it really angers me when people embilish on the items that were lost. I don't like to pay for others stolen stuff they actually never owned, thru my higher insurance rates.
The whole insurance industry is a freakin' scam. The concept has been corrupted by abuse. I wish I could just opt out, but the basic concept still has virtue. Too bad the the reality is a diluted and destroyed entity. :thumbsdown:

I hate it when bad things happen to good people. Sorry to hear about this AJRJ.

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

axel99 wrote:

so not all is lost-

relax alex, it's a joke!

bikingagain
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by bikingagain »

If you leave your doors unlocked, are you still covered by insurance?
2018 KTM 300 xc
My Last Fight I Won By Two Blocks.
I Love Single Track. Except For All The Trees

kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Post by kawasakijockey »

yup.. had my truck broken into at work this summer. took my golf clubs and gps some clothes and tools blah blah blah. took garage door openers and registration/insurance papers from about 8 trucks total. alot of garages were hit the next week. but yes insurance will still pay if doors are unlocked

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

Sorry to hear guys, that really sucks. Grrrr.

Kawi that is some good intel... While not convenient, if you have no home address documents left in the truck, it does limit the thieves further opportunities...