irricana gravel pits

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Dirtbuddy420
Writer
Writer

Post by Dirtbuddy420 »

It was all good. Gate was wide open and no one was there. I might also be going late Sunday afternoon.

yzalex
Writer
Writer

Post by yzalex »

Right on, can't wait. Look for a yz250 and a kx250. I'm on the yammy, cya there.

Cheers,
Alex
'07 YZ 285 modded heavily
'94 WR 200 modded slightly

You'll never eat my dust, it's settled before you get there

Dirtbuddy420
Writer
Writer

Post by Dirtbuddy420 »

Sounds good.

I'm on an 08 WR450 & will be staging by a white Tacoma.

yzalex
Writer
Writer

Post by yzalex »

alrighty, we will be in a silver lifted taco, and there may be another couple of friends with us, not sure what they will drive tho. :banana:
'07 YZ 285 modded heavily
'94 WR 200 modded slightly

You'll never eat my dust, it's settled before you get there

Honda100

Re: irricana gravel pits

Post by Honda100 »

I was just there in August 2011 it is very fun, and still open. Yet there still are a lot of jerks around.

NathanRockyHonda

Post by NathanRockyHonda »

Just checked out Irricana on the weekend. They are working in there, ground is all ripped up and a few big piles of gravel. There were also a couple of excavators and a weigh scale. Looks like that will be the end of that riding area.

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

I've gotta say I'm sad to see it go. End of an era :thumbsdown:

snowsliderx

Post by snowsliderx »

I want to take my son ridding on Sat does any one know if you can still ride the pit if they are done the work in there seen some video on youtube of guys in Jan ridding there. If anyone knows of another place around airdrie or if the pit is open that would would be good.
Thank you

drizzt

Post by drizzt »

any news on whether we can still ride at Irricana ?

drizzt

Post by drizzt »

I drove out there today , April 8, 2012, there were a few people out riding. Looks like they are still pulling gravel out. They have leveled and even lowered what used to be grasslands. The pit and hill are still untouched.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Can someone shoot me a pm on exact directions to get there. i might do a few hours on Thursday there.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dude
Journalist
Journalist

Post by Dude »

It's good for a three year old, that's obout it. :P Don't waste your time. :redneck:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i just can not motivate to go sludge through snow.
i can't go to the track Thursday because i am going to see the Toadies and Social D that night :thumbsup:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

aforan

Post by aforan »

Hi Everyone,

I work for the company that owns this land and wanted to give a heads up... IT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY.
That being said, it is more and more constantly patrolled by CN Police & hired security (as more incidents/vandalism is being reported) and because we do/will have crews working in that pit.
As far as I have knowledge of anyone caught by the CN Police, will recieve ONE WARNING.
Your information will be entered into their database and if you are caught a second time, you will recieve a ticket for trespassing. :thumbsdown:

I recently even had to kick some of my friends out of there. Booo!!
So anyways, keep that in mind. I dont want to see any other riders day ruined with a ticket.
And I also don't want to spend any of my own time out there trying to find a stolen GATE!?!!

Thanks guys... but ya gotta find somewhere else to ride for now.

snowsliderx

Post by snowsliderx »

Does any one here have a current report on the PIt as to open closed are they cracking down? I have been out twice this year and the gates have been closed. I like the area as it is close and good place to teach the kids. Any one with info please let me know...

Thank you