irricana gravel pits

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: irricana gravel pits

Post by Grimlock »

aforan wrote:Hi Everyone,

I work for the company that owns this land and wanted to give a heads up... IT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY.
That being said, it is more and more constantly patrolled by CN Police & hired security (as more incidents/vandalism is being reported) and because we do/will have crews working in that pit.
As far as I have knowledge of anyone caught by the CN Police, will recieve ONE WARNING.
Your information will be entered into their database and if you are caught a second time, you will recieve a ticket for trespassing. :thumbsdown:

I recently even had to kick some of my friends out of there. Booo!!
So anyways, keep that in mind. I dont want to see any other riders day ruined with a ticket.
And I also don't want to spend any of my own time out there trying to find a stolen GATE!?!!

Thanks guys... but ya gotta find somewhere else to ride for now.
Thanks for the clarification! I try and steer people away from riding there. The Barnhartvale pits in Kamloops (where I am originally from) went through similar issues years ago with gates being torn down and equipment vandalized.

Makes us all look bad. :blush:

:cheers:
#826A

gonlow88

Post by gonlow88 »

Hi Aforan,

Since you work for the company that owns the land, what would be a contact number to speak with someone regarding the gravel pits?

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

I've been to the Irricana pit twice in the last few weeks. First time out we talked to the people at the weigh station. They said it has been impossible to keep people out so they have given up trying. Second time out they ignored us as we drove by. We parked around back and kept out of their way. Operations appear to run Monday to Saturday and end around 3pm. My buddy was out last Saturday a bit later and the gate was closed. They just unloaded at the gate and went for a ride. Personally I don't really like the riding there, but it's good for some seat time and exercise. I wouldn't want to go when it's busy, far too many blind jumps and hill climbs. Collisions would be inevitable.

Keep out of the way and don't make a mess, you should be fine. At your own risk though.
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST