Revelstoke or Salmon Arm Riding?

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
BurntTimber
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Revelstoke or Salmon Arm Riding?

Post by BurntTimber »

Myself and another member are looking to take the families for BC in two weeks for a camping trip, and are deciding location based on proximity to single track riding (to get away from the families...). Any suggestions between the two, and even better, recommendations on where to stage?

Having troubles tracking down good information on where to go. We've found the stage for the Mt. Ida Hare Scramble, but that's pretty much it.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Revelstoke or Salmon Arm Riding?

Post by Brent »

ya Mt Ida, or silver creek has the best single track from what I understand, I have raced there a couple of times. If you want more info on those areas your best bet is to call a local bike shop or local club. Lots of trails down by Vernon too. Let me know if you find anything in Revy.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

BurntTimber
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BurntTimber »

Cool thanks, tracked down some good directions to the scramble loop at Mt. Ida so we're we're camping at Salmon Arm. Looks like potentially a couple other loops in that area for us to check out too.

Nothing's "official" for the Revy trails, and I really couldn't find anything in terms of staging locations, so I think it's off the list until they get that Frisbee Ridge trail approved by the BC gov't.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Check out BCORMA as they have some maps for sale. Also check out the Pnwa websites for race posters and directions. That will lead you to a staging point with some trailheads to start from.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

BurntTimber wrote:Cool thanks, tracked down some good directions to the scramble loop at Mt. Ida so we're we're camping at Salmon Arm. Looks like potentially a couple other loops in that area for us to check out too.

Nothing's "official" for the Revy trails, and I really couldn't find anything in terms of staging locations, so I think it's off the list until they get that Frisbee Ridge trail approved by the BC gov't.
Be forewarned, the road up to Mt Ida is pretty gnarly, not really trailer friendly.

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

Just park right at the bottom and just off of the hiway where the church is and the gravel pit/sandy area is. There is better single track heading out from there, you don't need to drive that crappy rd. If you head north paralleling the main hiway, there is a single track that takes you all the way up to the race site and then east over the burnt out areas.
For your second day, head a little further down the road to Enderby or Vernon, but I would get a hold of a local for that.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC