Porcupine Hills

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Interesting day at Porkys today. I think I should call it Pokies.

There was between 5 - 10 cm of fresh snow from the provincial forest boundry to all higher elevations. Basically we rode in powder snow today. And it kept coming down for an hour or two with some sunny breaks. It was cold enough to keep from being too muddy but it definately had that potential.

Still quite a bit of ice around. It was a really fun day there. It was just like the XC race there in 2003. The ground was covered in snow and we rode the stuff on the south west side so we hit some of the same stuff.

Winter tires still required. :cheers:

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Does anyone know the fines for not having

1)front light
2)rear light
3)licence plate attached to the bike

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

I think the first two are $50 each. If the bike is not insured or licenced it is $150 (insurance) + the fine for no plate. If you don't have the plate attached but are legal I think they generally let you go. I have always just carried my plate but I relented this year and attached it. Worse than the fines is the thought of drivng all the way out to Porkys and then not being able to ride because of a lurking Ranger.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

fines

Post by thumper-darryl »

Check with SRD 297-8800. But last I heard fines are way up, from the previous $50. Better make it legal, cheaper than the fines, and loss of a days riding.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

I don't know why this is such an issue! The law states that you need this equipment, so make sure you have them. I realize that they have been lax in the past ,but the reality now is that they will be clamping down on offenders. Most enduro bikes come stock with these items so use them! If you want to ride a mx bike spend the money on making it legal, it was cheaper to begin with, or don't ride in the forestry! This is something we as a club must do if we want to keep our areas open!
Claude