fallen timber single track loops

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

fallen timber single track loops

Post by kawasakijockey »

was camping out that way this weekend and rode most of both loops. the ridgeback on west loop must have been cut by a billy goat. what sadistic SOB thought that would be a fun way to spend 2hours travelling 5km!!had a group with one guy on a trials bike pass us quite easily. i was happy to clean most of it but quadruple logs spaced just wide enough to stick a front tire in really taught me to commit to keeping the wheel in the air. paying the price for it now...i dont think i have ever been this sore :thumbsdown: maybe after another year of riding ill be ready to tackle that ridge again but for this year the ridge wins :blush:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: fallen timber single track loops

Post by Dobi »

kawasakijockey wrote:was camping out that way this weekend and rode most of both loops. the ridgeback on west loop must have been cut by a billy goat. what sadistic SOB thought that would be a fun way to spend 2hours travelling 5km!!had a group with one guy on a trials bike pass us quite easily. i was happy to clean most of it but quadruple logs spaced just wide enough to stick a front tire in really taught me to commit to keeping the wheel in the air. paying the price for it now...i dont think i have ever been this sore :thumbsdown: maybe after another year of riding ill be ready to tackle that ridge again but for this year the ridge wins :blush:
Ahhh, that is a great trail isn't it :thumbsup:

We did saw a few downed trees out of it on Saturday to help it flow better. Try it agin this weekend to see if it is any better.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Dobi wrote:
kawasakijockey wrote:was camping out that way this weekend and rode most of both loops. the ridgeback on west loop must have been cut by a billy goat. what sadistic SOB thought that would be a fun way to spend 2hours travelling 5km!!had a group with one guy on a trials bike pass us quite easily. i was happy to clean most of it but quadruple logs spaced just wide enough to stick a front tire in really taught me to commit to keeping the wheel in the air. paying the price for it now...i dont think i have ever been this sore :thumbsdown: maybe after another year of riding ill be ready to tackle that ridge again but for this year the ridge wins :blush:

We did saw a few downed trees out of it on Saturday to help it flow better. Try it agin this weekend to see if it is any better.
Whaaaaaaaaaat!? No you didn't. Just ride over that stuff :smirk:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

MtnBlue wrote:
Dobi wrote:

Whaaaaaaaaaat!? No you didn't. Just ride over that stuff :smirk:
Scott slipped on one, and the other two were causing me to duck under. Trust me. we left a few behind for the race loop :thumbsup:

kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Post by kawasakijockey »

my bad on the directions there....it was the ridge that parraleled the road so i guess the west part of the east loop?? and there was a duck under that grabbed the loopy handle on the top of my backpack which in turn caused me much grief halfway ripping me off my bike!! we rode the most west loop south from hunter valley road down to water valley road(that section was awesome by the way!!!) then took the hill climb that looks like it goes from truck to quad to single to dead stop at the top cause u have hit the ridge. then went north to the first access back down to the quad trail as two of our guys were on the verge of cardiac arrest. i was ready to tap out as well at that point as my arms were so weak i could hardly pull the clutch lever. that ridge has won the first battle for sure...but i will take my revenge...as soon as i have the strength to actually lift my bike!!!!

golarge
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by golarge »

I dont think we should use any of that trail for the race sounds to easy :lol:
Yup. Got a new one.

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

golarge wrote:I dont think we should use any of that trail for the race sounds to easy :lol:
That really is the easy part :smirk:
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Post by kawasakijockey »

if that is the easy part of that loop i will need more than just the strength to lift my bike...perhaps if i didnt suffer from LOFT things would be easier :thinking:

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

The next loop over to the east is my favorite. The Zig-Zag ridge is a bit tougher but the reward is the singletrack in the valley...fantastic. It's all good stuff summer and winter. It can only get easier the next time :thumbsup:
#Z3B

kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Post by kawasakijockey »

So are you saying the ridge even more east is harder?? Guess that would be the most east ridge?? Because if its even harder than the second most east I am a long ways off wanting to try that lol. I like flowing second gear kinda stuff not the fight your bike every second kinda stuff lol

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Well there's your problem. You need to atleast be in second gear :). Careful of the rock ledge though. There's no getting back up if you slip off!!
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Hendrix13 wrote:Well there's your problem. You need to atleast be in second gear :). Careful of the rock ledge though. There's no getting back up if you slip off!!
Remove tyres and engine, then carry individual pieces back up and reassemble. :lol: Its really not that bad :thumbsup:
#Z3B

kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Post by kawasakijockey »

I put it two bikes lengths down the cliff Saturday and it was all I had to get it the ten feet back up it needed go. I can't wait to see the footage of the race u guys are having up there!!! Should be tons of passing room. :crazy:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

One of guys that helped me GPS that trail years ago went over the cliff. It took 4 of us to drag that bike up the cliff. I'm sure that there was more damage from the dragging than the crashing. :lol:

kawasakijockey
Writer
Writer

Post by kawasakijockey »

http://youtu.be/K4qzh6YBW1Q

maybe if i train harder i would destroy those ridges next year