McLean Today

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
porschev
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

McLean Today

Post by porschev »

Rode at McLean to look at the status of a few different trails today on the clean up list. I was a little shocked to see all the fresh snow. The sky opened up at about 12:30 and continued as I left at 4 with tons more slush & snow. I was dressed for the cool wet conditions but it came down so hard for so long it finally soaked through everything, it's the coldest I've ever been, my hands hurt so bad from the freezing temps that I could barely get my gloves off when I got back to my truck.
Absolutely bloody brutal!

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: McLean Today

Post by axel99 »

Heated Grips would have been nice, for sure.
#Z3B

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

Sounds miserable. By the time I got off the mountain Wednesday night just before 10pm, the snow was coming down hard in huge flakes and was accumulating quickly.

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

Heated grips pull about the same wattage as a headlamp bulb, lamp off, grips on! Given our varying weather here, all my bikes will have heated grips from now on.

diabolus42
Contributor
Contributor

Post by diabolus42 »

I have heated grips on my dirt bike and ride during the winter but rarely turn the heaters on.

My sport bike, however, has heated grips and they seem to be on more often than not during spring, autumn and early morning summer rides......

no real point here....other than our weather usually sucks around here... :excuse:

BurntTimber
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BurntTimber »

We just run these on the really cold/wet days, especially in the winter: Image

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

My grips get so warm they can catully dry the palm of a soaked glove. :D

But I also have a set of the mitts; they force you to "commit" a bit more... hahaha

BurntTimber
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by BurntTimber »

malcolmzilla wrote:But I also have a set of the mitts; they force you to "commit" a bit more... hahaha
Yeah, commit would be the right word. Especially when you're running them in the winter with meat grinders (lag bolts) on the tires. Adds a sense of peril to the whole thing IMO. :crazy: