Irricana Pit

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Irricana Pit

Post by dirtyboy »

Good. Some ice and snow. Excellent for February.

BRPCam
User
User

Re: Irricana Pit

Post by BRPCam »

dirtyboy wrote:Good. Some ice and snow. Excellent for February.
I used to haul into the Irricana sulfur mill. Where and what is the pit like there. The type of terrain etc. Is there trails or just a open gravel pit?
01 BRP (XR680R) cammed, 11:1, pro curcuit exaust with spark arrestor of course :) , Clarke 16.3l tank, 15/47 Ironman Sprokets

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

It's just North of the Prairie Acres Museum. It's more of some piles than a pit. Some gravel piles, a bit of a garbage dump, a little MX track with 2 3 foot jumps and a flat area about 2 sections. Not much to tell. Someone made some whoops by the piles and there are trails all through the gravel stuff. I liked the 20 foot table in the middle area.

Go up on the side of the gravel pile about 30 feet, sweep left and down, across the lot and hit the jump.

There was still too much snow for me to try to link it all together but it wasn't bad.

I've only been there 2 times but it seems like a popular place and only 35 minutes from my house. Blackfoot MX park is 20 minutes away and I have to pay $15. I'll take the pit :D

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Still icy this weekend.

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Still some ice and in the grassy areas it is slick. Total ice patch on the north side of the pile but most of the sunlit trails are getting dusty. Alot of bikes by 1:30 pm so we left. WR Dave