Ride Conditions (Ghost or Mclean)

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Re: Ride Conditions (Ghost or Mclean)

Post by Brent »

there's only 3"s on the ground in bragg creek, it's going to be mint on dirt sharks this weekend :thumbsup: !
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

steve-o
Novelist
Novelist

Post by steve-o »

Anyone at McLean today? Looking for a snow report. A few of us are contemplating changing tires.

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

I was at Mclean yesterday collecting some fire wood with my boy, its VERY soft out there. Not much to speak of for snow, but very very soft. Tread lightly and avoid the low areas for sure.
:cheers:

thumpin71
User
User

Post by thumpin71 »

Thanks for the update MotorED!

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I cannot comment on the conditions as there is 4"s of snow coverage.

Stud it pin it! :canada:
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

I was out at Mclean on Sunday. The weather was 5 degrees warmer than calgary. It was a beautiful day for a ride! We rode Canops and lone ranger and it was good. :thumbsup: Good traction and not too soft. There was no snow and the singletrack was in good shape. the cutlines and roads were soft and sloppy . The conditions got worse as it warmed up. I would say if the weather holds it should be good out there this weekend. :thumbsup:

Barwell and south of Fish east looked to be snow covered .

We had to do a repair on the canops up and over, looks like the beast jockeys got to it! :thumbsdown:
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

absurveyor wrote:I was out at Mclean on Sunday. The weather was 5 degrees warmer than calgary. It was a beautiful day for a ride! We rode Canops and lone ranger and it was good. :thumbsup: Good traction and not too soft. There was no snow and the singletrack was in good shape. the cutlines and roads were soft and sloppy . The conditions got worse as it warmed up. I would say if the weather holds it should be good out there this weekend. :thumbsup:

Barwell and south of Fish east looked to be snow covered .

We had to do a repair on the canops up and over, looks like the beast jockeys got to it! :thumbsdown:
I think it has snowed there since Sunday. Have a look at the Bragg Creek web cam

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

absurveyor wrote:..We had to do a repair on the canops up and over, looks like the beast jockeys got to it! :thumbsdown:
No, I did that a couple weeks ago. I rode over the bridge and it fell apart as I went over it. I had no way to repair it and didn't want the same thing to happen to the next guy. So we made it obvious that the bridge was out (emailed WRocks).

Is it now permanently fixed or does it is still need some work?
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Hendrix13 wrote:
absurveyor wrote:..We had to do a repair on the canops up and over, looks like the beast jockeys got to it! :thumbsdown:
No, I did that a couple weeks ago. I rode over the bridge and it fell apart as I went over it. I had no way to repair it and didn't want the same thing to happen to the next guy. So we made it obvious that the bridge was out (emailed WRocks).

Is it now permanently fixed or does it is still need some work?
Dude, you may want to lay off the donuts?

Hendrix13
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Hendrix13 »

Dobi wrote:Dude, you may want to lay off the donuts?
... Thanks :lol:

It was quite the sight...
14 350 xcf
13 CRF100F
12 CRF150F
04 CRF80
01 TTR125
87 CR250

absurveyor
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by absurveyor »

We put a few extra old logs in the structure, It works fine for now, but would be a good location for a metal structure. Just be careful crossing as always. The wet logs were slippery.

The moose mountain webcam does not show the Maclean conditions. Sunday morning it showed fresh snow on the cam, and as we were driving out the snowcover dissapeared. :applause: It was not what I expected, and was pleasantly surprised! :) We rode on dirt and maybe 5mm of light snow in a few spots. It seems to be in a spot that was missed by the snow on the weekend. For some reason it snowed all around the North half of Maclean and the FLUZ was spared!

That said, what happens wheather wise this week may change conditions, but it will all be fresh.
Forecast
Fri 11 degees
Sat 12 degrees
'If you can't be fast at least look cool"- Absurveyor circa 1992

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Yes I know what you mean. I was surprised that we didn't ride in a lot of snow on Sunday. But it has snowed there for sure since then, so who knows, hopefully not much and it melts with the warmer weather over the next couple of days :cheers:

rogue
Columnist
Columnist

Post by rogue »

I was out in the area last night and there was a lot of snow. I drove home in a blizzard. I'm heading out again tonight to do some night laps on moose mountain on my DH bike and will try to stop off at Mclean to see if it is any different.
" Life's a trail, Dig it ! "

Brent
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Brent »

I was on the east edge of Mclean today and there is only 2"s where it is open (probably more towards the west) after friday's weather, the weekend should be good. the home brew hand studded dirt sharks or kendas will work great in these conditions.
2013 450 XC
2011 YZ 450, 2008 380 XC

ChevMack
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ChevMack »

yay!! well i hope the weather holds up.. im dying to ride my bike once before the snow really flies.. anyone planning on goin out sat or sun?