Riding Thursday??

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

On my Way!!!

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Thanks for the weekday ride Dakota69 and Knuckle, it was alot of fun for a day that is ussually work day. WR Dave Image
Last edited by WR_Dave on Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Old Canadian Tire Supercycle 12 speed Mountain Bike " Good call Porschev !!

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

WR_Dave wrote:Thanks for the weekday ride Dakota69 and Knuckle, it was alot of fun for a day that is ussually work day. WR Dave
yeah, thanks for the phone call Dakota_C69 gloating over the 50km of riding you got in today while I sat here staring out the window in anticipation of the next ride :buttkick:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Nice pic. Is that from Quirk Mountain?

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

It was a great day! First of all it wouldn't have happened without Dave rescuing me with those grommets and washers! Thanks Dave! :applause:

I had a blast guys..more thanks for your patience waiting for me to carry my bike up some of those hills and catch up! I really enjoyed that single-track especially later in the day as I got in a lil bit of a groove. I find my skills (the few I have) really deteriorate quickly when I don't ride for a few weeks. Dave had some great tips for me and I'll be gladly applying all the tips I can to get a lil faster!

:newbie:

I managed to get speared by a tree in the leg a half inch below the top of my boot. We were climbing a hill in about 3rd gear going pretty quick (for me anyway) when the front tire lifted and the laws of physics threw me off course. Luckily the boot got the brunt of the force My shin only got a half inch puncture, some scrapes and is turning a very pretty shade of purple too! If it would have hit the leg first it would have been ugly...no walking that one off!!! :cripple:

Sorry about the phone call Dobi, but you know how excited I get about good riding! I GPSed some of the trails so I can show em to ya if we every get a chance to ride together again. Should be able to coming up here as I start getting regular weekends off here for the next few! :applause:

What was our final travel distance Dave?? Also check your PMs...

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Just got back from Bar C (10:00pm). Saw what the weather forecast was for the weekend and said screw work.......I need to ride!!! Wish I could have made it to Mclean this morning, cause I usually don't like to ride alone. Good news is that the rivers can be crossed again out at South Ghost.....well at least until tomorrow's rain starts :crazy:

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

The pic is off of the rock ledge that looks west towards Quirk mtn. I didn't think it was a good idea to go to Quirk due to parts of that trail being swamp. We got 51 km on my odometer , which isn't to bad considering the" wet down low" conditions at McLean. Hopefully we can do that again sometime. WR Dave.

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Here are a couple more pics of Thursdays ride since the weekend looks to be trashed again. I'm going to the CMRC National Motocross on Sunday, so thanks again Dakota_69 and Knuckle for the ride this week. WR Dave. Image
Last edited by WR_Dave on Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

WR_Dave
Columnist
Columnist

Post by WR_Dave »

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

That first picture is now my PC background!! It's s'posed to be Sunny and 20 on Sunday...

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W