Sunday ride

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I now have plans for Sunday evening, so a Bar-C ride during the day would be good with me. If anyone is interested in going, just post here. I have another rider on a CRF450 that is going as well. :cheers:

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

chucker - did you make it out sunday? If you did how were the conditions?

I need to get a ride in this week *@#!* rain :banghead:
04 DRZ 400

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I rode south ghost on sunday, just a quick one by myself to try out my new suspension upgrades. I haven't seen the ghost that high in awhile. Even some of the small creek crossing (usually a foot at most) were interesting. The single track up high wasn't bad. But seriously, we need a week or more of hot sun

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I was also out for a few hours by myself, hit the ridge north of the blue bridge and then into the valley for some sweet singtrack, saw nobody else the entire time. MtnBlue, where did you park?? I was down first left after the bridge.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Same spot, when I got there I was the only truck in the river bed. There were a couple of trucks parked before the bridge. When I got back there were a few more trucks down in the river bed. I wasn't going to ride that day, but at the last minute decided to go. I only did a short ride (40kms), a bit of everything

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

I just did a 2 hr recon of south Mclean. If you can make it to the higher single track, its o.k.
The creek high was enough to wash out a main road. The culvert is gone and the road has completely sunk away.
It's going to be a while :excuse:
04 DRZ 400

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

rescue9 wrote:I just did a 2 hr recon of south Mclean. If you can make it to the higher single track, its o.k.
The creek high was enough to wash out a main road. The culvert is gone and the road has completely sunk away.
Did you access the area from the North lot or through Millarville? I assume the main road that you refer to is McLean Creek Trail that travels from North to South through the area?

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

MtnBlue, we'll have to meet up for a ride someday. Sounds like we like to ride the same stuff!!
:D

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

rescue9 wrote:I just did a 2 hr recon of south Mclean. If you can make it to the higher single track, its o.k.

Its going to be awhile for what? The riding was fine, and hopefully the washed out road cuts down on the the redneck hillbillys and grad parties near the widowmaker. :D The creek is bypassed easily enough on the cutline to the north.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

The AURS will be out this weekend to build several bridges including the ones that were ruined in the floods. Also 3 singletrack bridges will be built and road repair will be done as well.
Tom
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

So is McLean Creek Trail damaged? Or can you drive on the road (with a non-offroad vehicle) from the Store to the South staging area? :confused: :confused:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

dirtyboy wrote:So is McLean Creek Trail damaged? Or can you drive on the road (with a non-offroad vehicle) from the Store to the South staging area? :confused: :confused:
Initially that road was washed out at KM6 and KM10 but it sounds like all things are open now :banana:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

The road is fine. As smooth as a baby's butt.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Thanks guys.

Knuckle, I do use baby powder in my bike tires :D :D :smirk:

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

Sorry for the vague info (I'm new to the area). I started at Fisher Creek stageing area. McLean Creek Trail is good. It was the road off of McLean Creek Trail heading towards widowmaker that is washed out.

re: It's going to be a while> I meant a good solid week of sun would help things
04 DRZ 400