Sunday ride

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Sunday ride

Post by chucker »

My wife has given me instructions to go riding this weekend as she says I have been a good dad! Anyone else up for a Sunday ride? I am thinking of a hellish ride off Hunter Valley road, :devil: this ride has some unreal climbs, I have not been up it in 2 years. We used to call it Jupiter Bowl due to the red rock.

Anyone game??? I want to get an early start. :D
Last edited by chucker on Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trotter
User
User

Post by Trotter »

Since the SRD has asked for a voluntary closure of the area due to all the rain, why not go to Riviere's Revenge HS on Sunday instead? I bet you'll get a good ride there. It doesn't sound like skeg and hill climbs would be good for our cause. In fact it might help the people trying to close the area to OHVs.

Tread lightly.......bunnies and deer are everywhere in the forest.

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I was unaware of the closures. I don't want to race this weekend, I just want to ride, relax, and have fun. And yes, hellish rides are fun to me...

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

I would be really like to get out for a hellish ride at hunter valley but I definitely cant this weekend any other weekend and I could though. I have been in some insane terrain at hunter valley and cant wait to go out there again but it always seems like no one likes that stuff.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

I might be able to make that. I'm healing from a broken foot, but should be good to go by Sunday. Hopefully we'll get a couple of days of sun, to dry up a bit. I just checked the stream gage reading at waiparous creek. It's up .5 of a meter from a week ago (but dropping). I usually ride up from the Waiparous valley road to avoid another 10km's of driving on the road

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

MtnBlue, on this ride, I park just off Hunter Valley Road because I need to save the gas in the bike, the ride is long and I tend to use a lot of fuel, I think the extra 20 km's would be pushing it.

I am here at work watching truck after truck loaded with bikes and quads head out west, it's driving me batty.
I mean, I want to go riding but others say I should not go due to volunteer closures, yet they are going in a race with 200 other people in probably the same conditions?? Someone explain this to me?? I realize I am opening a can of worms here... :excuse:

I can avoid the skeg fields, and all the hills on this ride are rock, they do not show wear.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

chucker,
the race this weekend is on PRIVATELY owned land and the owner is undertaking all maesures to ensure success in and around flooded areas.
Tom

The restriction could be lifted by Sunday if we receive no more rain.

Tom :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Spinalguy wrote:chucker,
the race this weekend is on PRIVATELY owned land and the owner is undertaking all maesures to ensure success in and around flooded areas.
Tom
Exactly. :cheers:

Tom, you going on Sunday?

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Dave,
i am!!! Be nice to my virgin butt :D

i sent ADRA and RMDRA my $$$$ so i should be good to go. i requested 2 possible #'s. i will play it by ear as to how that all works out.

Tom :applause:
Last edited by Spinalguy on Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Spinalguy wrote:Dave,
i am!!! Be nice to my virgin butt :D

i sent ADRA and RMDRA my $$$$ so i should be good to go. i requested 2 possible 3's. i will play it by ear as to how that all works out.

It will be my first race too Tom so you will have someone to share in the agony :banana:

I am running a 250SX KTM and my # is 421. It may not be visible through the mud by the time I get from the truck to the starting line though :D

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Spinalguy wrote:i sent ADRA and RMDRA my $$$$ so i should be good to go. i requested 2 possible #'s. i will play it by ear as to how that all works out.

Did you hear back from the CMRC regarding your application or receive a receipt for the race license? If you haven't I'd suggest sending an email to info@albertadirtriders.com asking what you should do for numbers and proof of license for the race.

The numbers are actually administered by the CMRC in the East.

Bring some black tape to make a number on you bike and you'll be good to go for the race. See you out there. :cheers:

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Thanks Dave, that should help. i will see you out there.
Tom :banana:

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

chucker wrote:MtnBlue, on this ride, I park just off Hunter Valley Road because I need to save the gas in the bike, the ride is long and I tend to use a lot of fuel, I think the extra 20 km's would be pushing it.

I am here at work watching truck after truck loaded with bikes and quads head out west, it's driving me batty.
I mean, I want to go riding but others say I should not go due to volunteer closures, yet they are going in a race with 200 other people in probably the same conditions?? Someone explain this to me?? I realize I am opening a can of worms here... :excuse:

I can avoid the skeg fields, and all the hills on this ride are rock, they do not show wear.
large tank on my WR, I can get 150km plus on it. It looks like rain all weekend, so I might ride South Ghost where it's sandy. I'll let you know

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

Private land = good, thanks for expaining that. :cool:

If I did want to run the race, how do I go about registering? I am not race licenced.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

chucker wrote:Private land = good, thanks for expaining that. :cool:

If I did want to run the race, how do I go about registering? I am not race licenced.
Just show up at the race site before 11AM. You can get a sign up and get a license right there. No worries.