CMA race at Maclean this weekend

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

CMA race at Maclean this weekend

Post by Dobi »

Anybody going to this event or is everyone heading to Vega? I can't make the trip up North so I am considering entering for some experience. How does it compare to a CMRC event?

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Don't you know CMA is a dirty word here? :D I don't know why nor do I care, there is no room for "splits" in this small community. I do not have the time to go Vega so I too am considering going. I haven't been on my bike since I torqued my knee 3 weeks ago, it feels OK though. I will either enter the race or go for a trail ride on Sunday. Let me know your plans.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

CMA is not a dirty word as much as it is a pain for most folks to buy 2 licenses .The CMRC races just have a few more riders showing up so there is more competition.We all get along just fine as people!!- There is some bull with some poeple about CMA/CMRC - mostly it is a waste of time to discuss-personal preference for some-who cares? for others- GO HAVE FUN WHERE EVER YOU GO!!!!! :cheers:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

rooster, I was trying say some of that until my computer froze :eek:

I even have a CMA race license for this year already. :banana:

If anyone goes, I'd appreciate a race report. I did that race last year so I'm interested what the course is like. I'll do a Vega race report if anyone wants to hear.

Enjoy the race if you go. It's supposed to be drier on Sunday I think. :canada:
Last edited by dirtyboy on Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Well said Rooster. To be clear the CMA slagging isn't (wasn't) on this forum. In casual discussions with various people there is some type of tension there. I for one would be happy if the CMRC took over all the off road events and left the Super moto, dirt track, trials stuff to the CMA guys. Win win. I agree the purchase of two licences just seems silly.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

knuckle,

Glad to you hear your knee is healing up. See you on the trails again sometime soon.

:cheers:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

I am going to Mclean this weekend and have reserved a stall in the campground (my wife needed power this weekend to work on her laptop :crazy: )
So I will be in the OHV area where they have hook-ups. I ride a KTM (#421) and my wife rides a honda CRF150, hauled by a blue dodge. I don't plan on racing Sunday due to the $95 cost to enter one race. If you want to go for a ride Sunday look us up or give my cell a call to set up a meeting place. I am officially off for the weekend.

Mike
652-0663

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

I'll be there number 47. I all ready have my license from ice racing other wise I wouldn't waste my money. I dont no why they dont just give up and hand over all the off road to CMRC, and the ISDE too for that matter.

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Yeah I mam wavering on the race for Sunday too. $95 for a harescramble is a little much, I would rather have a new S12. If I was 100% healthy I would go for it but my common sense (wife) is telling me to just go for an easy ride on Sunday and see how the knee feels. With all this rain it is lopoking to be greasy.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

darren
Writer
Writer

race

Post by darren »

Hey, I'm definately going to the CMA race. I guess I'm more interested in a race that's twenty minutes from my place compared the five and a half hours up to Vega. Anyways, both races should be good. See ya out there, I'm intermediate number thirty.

Darren
2008 KTM 300 XCW

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

knuckle, join us at south ghost on sun, wecan ease our knees back to life t our own pace.

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Andy & I are going too. Bloody weather! I got a new good front tyre so hope that helps! We have the Motorhome all packed and ready so just got to load up bikes, drop Phoebe to a birthday party and we will be there. Don't think Danica will want to race in this weather. Got a dog yesterday so will have the mutt in tow! See you there, we have the Arizona flyer MH.
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Do they ever cancel races due to too much water on the course and the 'perceived' impact the race would have on the existing trails?

Good luck to all of you in both races.
Tom
Last edited by Spinalguy on Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

BigD
Writer
Writer

CMA race at Maclean this weekend Postponed

Post by BigD »

Jun. 4/05: McLean Creek HS has been POSTPONED to Jun 11&12 due to excessive rain.

According to the Second Gear Club web site.

And I was all ready to go, who still wants to go riding anyway?

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

in behind bar C at 2:30