CMA race at Maclean this weekend

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Re: CMA race at Maclean this weekend Postponed

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

BigD wrote:Jun. 4/05: McLean Creek HS has been POSTPONED to Jun 11&12 due to excessive rain.

According to the Second Gear Club web site.

And I was all ready to go, who still wants to go riding anyway?
Yep we did not find this out until we arrived there at 11am saturday. Was slightly pizzed off that this happened after all the prep work involved. Anyway we decided what the hell we might as well stay anyway, as did about half a dozen others. At least we had not travelled 4 hours to Maclean as another family had! How was Vega?
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

thumper-darryl
Columnist
Columnist

postponing

Post by thumper-darryl »

Sadly when an organizer postpones a race it is pretty much impossible to get the word out to all riders. Especially now that all forms of OHV activitys are under the microscope, it is a very good thing to see the race organizers postponing a race due to environmental concerns. This helps us immensly in our access fights with Gov. and the anti-bike people. Shows a responsibel community.
I think that there are 5 CMA races this year, so getting a CMA liscence gives you a whole series in the Calgary area. But yep, 2 sanctioning bodies in a small market area like Alberta is dumb.
2008 KTM 300XC-W
2001 Sherco
2007 KTM 640 Adventurer
1977 Husky 250 Cross counrty

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Yup so now that there is only 4 CMA HS races the cost of the licence spread over the 4 races is $15. add in the $35 race fee and you are $50/race. Pretty steep for a HS.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Just to let you know, Rhonda sent me an email to say that they are postponing this race now until either Aug or Sept, no fixed date yet. They are not allowed to run next weekend at Maclean because of the conditions again.
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Too bad about the weather.

Here's hoping that the 1st week of July is dry for the Stampede HS :D

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Just think of the mosquitos in a month or two :crybaby:
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

:excuse:
maybe the riders/racers should email the Second Gear Club and tell them that they don't want 2 sanctioning bodies or don't race that series and when they have no riders they will get the hint!!
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

DirtGirl wrote::excuse:
maybe the riders/racers should email the Second Gear Club and tell them that they don't want 2 sanctioning bodies or don't race that series and when they have no riders they will get the hint!!
Excellent idea.

Andy
User
User

Post by Andy »

dirtyboy wrote:
DirtGirl wrote::excuse:
Excellent idea.

The CMRC want's an eighty dollar license for each of my seven year old kid's to race around a field for twenty minutes. The second gear club and the CMA is still a good thing for our sport in my mind . I don't think any of us want this to become a rich man's sport .
ANDY

*~'08 300 EXC~*
Vet Junior #11

~Pussykat~
Writer
Writer

Post by ~Pussykat~ »

Have to back Andy up on this, we do this sport as a family, if all of us were to buy licenses it gets too expensive, the kids and I do it for fun and really enjoy the events that second gear club put on as it is so family orientated. The kids and I can all do a race each and spend less than $50 too by just entering the club events that require no license. These governing bodies should be encouraging more families like ours to get involved but keep the cost sensible, unfortunately not all of us can go out and shake the money tree!! (If we could Andy would be riding a brand new KTM!!! )
*Samm* aka The wife
2006 Honda CRF230
1999 Suzuki DR650
Ladies A

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

I'll also give the CMA my support for the simple reason that they have a race series close to my home. The CMRC has great events but they are usually too far away (and seemingly biased to south Alberta) to make it. With little kids my time is at a premium and driving 2-3 hours each way to ride a 2 hour harescramble just isn't going to happen. I can be unloading at Mclean 30 minutes after leaving home and spend my limited time riding not driving.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

Don't get me wrong guys/gals, I don't necessarily agree with the licence for the saturday stuff in CMRC either as we will have kids racing soon too, plus I hope to be back out maybe next year too. Again, the only way to change these things is to attend the meetings and get others to support the motion to change it. That is how the Ladies A classes came to be! Dont forget that the licence fee covers the insurance to have the kids and beginners out there and also gives the means for tracking points to assign a winner for the year.
For us in the past having 2 series/bodies has worked well because we could video one series and I could race the other. If I were to get back into it seriously I still think I would only race one just for the money aspect. There is also too many races when you put the two series together. But that is just my opinion. And no one says you have to do the north races in the CMRC series either.
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w