Thursday Ride May 26

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Thursday Ride May 26

Post by Spinalguy »

Anyone in for some km's at Maclean?
We could meet at Fisher East Parking lot. It is the first staging area on your left side as you travel down the dirt road opposite the Maclean Store.

i would be ready to ride at 10:30am. (which means i will be there at 10am to get ready :D )

i know of a beautiful and gruelling 65km "loop" It is probablly 90% single track.

i also know most of the hare scramble courses out there so it will give you an idea of Wednesday nite hare scrambles rides are like.

Tom

Let me know. :cheers:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MotorEd
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MotorEd »

Ahhh this is the 'middle staging area' right? its on the left side of the road on km #5 from the Mclean store? Right? I think most people call this the middle staging area???

Cant join on thurs, gonna ride Wed night!

Looking forward to doing that loop with you sometime!! Have fun!

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

MotorEd wrote:Ahhh this is the 'middle staging area' right? its on the left side of the road on km #5 from the Mclean store? Right? I think most people call this the middle staging area???
Thanks for the clarification :cheers:

See ya out some time :applause:
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

Spinalguy - I've got my bike torn down (valves, jetting), so I can't make this ride. :excuse:
If you are going on the following Thusrday I would like to go.

Let me know.
04 DRZ 400

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Well, seeing that there are no takers i will go back to my usual solo rides.
i may not be there so early as no one else has repied to come.
If you change your minds call me on my cell
815-1943
:cheers:
Tom

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Spinal: When my damn knee finally heals up I will ride with you on Thursdays. I have no problem cutting work for a little midweek ride. :D
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Sorry Tom, back to work for me!!! :crybaby:
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Todd met me and it was great.
After falling for the 4th time, my exhaust is history.......... :crybaby:

It may have been the disintegrated rubber mount, it may have been the other broken weld mount or it may have been the crashes but the exhaust at the engine block came apart.....very loud and very unsafe (fires in the brush) so we called it a day at 60kms.

Tom

Get better soon knuckle and we will catch you later dakota.

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Tom,

Give Bow Ridge Motorsports in Cochrane a call. They have the Enduro E3 pipe on for 269.99. Smoking deal and it helps the low end. Like you need anymore on that 300! They say the low end comes at no detrement to the top end. I can not vouch for that as I am still a lil afraid of my bike's top end power! :crazy:

P.S. Get a guard for it...sometimes the pipe dents spontaneously on its inuagral run.

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dakota_c69 wrote: Get a guard for it...sometimes the pipe dents spontaneously on its inuagral run.
A guard comes highly recommended, unless you want to buy a pipe every few months. :smirk:

I've even got a guard (test its strength regularily) on my 4stroke with the pipe high and out of the way. :D

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Thanks all for the advice.

ToddW (KTM) is doing me a HUGE favor thru his friend that specializes in welding these pipes.
i will get it welded and see if that does the job. He is very good at welding this type of material so it should work. As for the pipe guard? Got it and it has been worn and chunked wonderfully thru the 3 seasons of riding.

Tom :)

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Oops. Sorry. I'm preaching to the converted again. :cheers: