Thursday ride

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Thursday ride

Post by chucker »

Meeting at the Bar-C gate, 10AM. All are welcome. The weather looks to be the best on Thursday. :D

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

chucker,

Do you mind showing a new guy around? I haven’t been to Waiprous in years
04 DRZ 400

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

Not at all, should be a fairly easy ride, some singletrack. This ride will be in the Ghost area. Need directions to the staging area??

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I suppose I should ask your skill level because the area we will be riding will have some challenges, I don't want to put off a new rider by killing him on his first ride!!!

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

This year I’ve been out to McLean 3 time (about 50km each ride), Indian Graves once, Drum once, Irricana 3 times.

75% of the stuff in McLean was single track with some challanging hill climbs (not the Widowmaker!)

I came from a street bike back ground and this is my first dirt bike.

I know how to get to Bar-C, I camped around the area last year. Directions to the staging area would be great.
04 DRZ 400

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

Jeeze, you've ridden more than me this year so far!! I park right at the gate, on the right side of the gravel road beside the farmer's field, there is a bulletin board type thing there now, we'll meet right there at 10 AM, look for a white Dodge 4x4 (me) and a red Toyota pickup (Spinalguy).

If you are a little foggy on where exactly this is, we can meet at Tim Horton's in Cochrane around 9:30.

Let me know what works best.

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Do us all a favour and yourself, do not stage from right in front of the bulletin board. They (the farmers, ranchers, Bar C people do not like this) Drive about 2 km down the road to the blue bridge, this is where the forestry reserve starts. Just a friendly suggestion, we don't need to give them anything else to moan about

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

Before I get to carried away how long of a ride are you planning? (soccer at 6)
04 DRZ 400

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

Mtnblue, will do, I usually drive down to the creek bed and stage from there, but I have found meeting people new to the area seem to get lost. We'll meet at the gate and drive to the blue bridge. Thanks for the reminder!

Rescue9, if we start riding around 10:30am we should be done around 2-3pm. Sounds good???

Dakota_c69
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dakota_c69 »

Do you guys mind if a 4th tags along? I am considering heading out on Thursday too. I am thinking about putting a rush job (meaning $20 a tire, instead of taking Cladoo up on his generous offer of showing me how to do it myself) and coming out to Ghost to test the new tires!

Glenn.
_______
Glenn.
2018 KTM 250 XC
2015 Beta 300RR
2013 KTM 450XC-W
"Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

I will be at the Tim Horton's in Cochrane at 9:15am, all those who want to meet there or do not know the staging area can follow me to Bar-C.

Otherwise, we will meet at Bar-C at 10am just before the blue bridge, park on the right side of the road.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

MtnBlue wrote:Do us all a favour and yourself, do not stage from right in front of the bulletin board. They (the farmers, ranchers, Bar C people do not like this) Drive about 2 km down the road to the blue bridge, this is where the forestry reserve starts. Just a friendly suggestion, we don't need to give them anything else to moan about
That is a great suggestion :cheers:

Dakotac69,
the more the merrier (sometimes :D )
See ya out there.
Tom
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

Damn.....wish I could join you guys. I've got a new S12 on the back that needs some punishing......next time. Have a great and safe ride :thumbsup:

rescue9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rescue9 »

I'm in!

chucker - I will see you at the Tim's 9:15am. I will be driving a grey ford ranger with a yellow/black DRZ in the back.

I'm pumped!!!
04 DRZ 400

chucker
Journalist
Journalist

Post by chucker »

sounds good, I'll see you there. I am thinking of buying a DRZ, any chance of a 2 minute demo ride??? :D