Anyone riding the Waiparous area Saturday ??

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Andy
User
User

Post by Andy »

dirtyboy wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks for the advise. I had some telephone advise that there would be snow also. I believe that I'll try to go from the South Ghost staging area tomorrow.

I am also looking for some expertise for next weekend, May 7-8. So if you have a favourite trail in the central or northern part of Waiparous that you would like mapped and don't mind riding slowly and stopping to mark the trail attributes, please let me know. I'd appreciate the help in these areas.

:canada:

Can't say I know the north waiparous any more than the race we did last year, But I'm in for helping out with the land access battle any way I can. I was forced out of trail riding in my native country in the early nineties, I don't plan on letting it happen again. BELIEVE ME anyone who think's it won't happen here is dreaming. E mail me for help with it.
ANDY

*~'08 300 EXC~*
Vet Junior #11

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

If you want Andy I can pick you up and we can go together. Oops something came up and I have to cancel, sorry Andy.
Last edited by cladoo on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claude

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Re: not sure

Post by MtnBlue »

onthemain wrote:not sure whos talking to who if you are asking me what time just to let you know we will all be running studs but it will be a slow ride your more than welcome to come

Where you riding that you need studs? I rode monday afternoon in South Ghost and it was pretty dry in all the single track I was on. Are you heading north perhaps? I'll most likely ride out of south ghost, especially with the recent dusting of snow we got.

onthemain
Writer
Writer

Studs needed

Post by onthemain »

we were able to get most places but we were unable to get up a east facing hill without destroying the trail so we opted to try again this weekend not taking any chances :cripple:
Last edited by onthemain on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thirtyseven
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by thirtyseven »

couple guys meeting at timmys in cochrane 8:30-8:45 am on sun. going in behind bar-c. ya im not a newbie any more guess the magic # is ten posts

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

We went to Fallen Timber yesterday. We followed the Moose XC course from 2 years ago :excuse: Almost all of the trail had 1 - 2 inches of snow but was fine with rubber. We did have to re-route a bit at the end because of snow and technical difficulties.
It's not an adventure until it's a mis-adventure

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Andy wrote:Can't say I know the north waiparous any more than the race we did last year, But I'm in for helping out with the land access battle any way I can. I was forced out of trail riding in my native country in the early nineties, I don't plan on letting it happen again. BELIEVE ME anyone who think's it won't happen here is dreaming. E mail me for help with it.
That loop from the 2004 Extreme may very well be the 1 I need to map next weekend. Not sure yet. I'll try to communicate earlier in the week this time. Andy, would you email me your new phone number please?

rooster
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by rooster »

It is a lot of fun with all the fun events,BBQ and fun race. :cheers:
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PUT IN THE HOURS!!!

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

Andy wrote:I'm in for sunday morning, out of BarC, I've learned enough single track over the last couple of month's [ thank's,Jim,Dave,and the Girls ] to put a day's riding together. It may be the same stuff you know, But I love riding so I'm in.

PS: Anybody been to the ISDE fund raiser, is it worth a go.
:banana:
THE FUND RAISER IS A BLAST....AND THE PARTY SATURDAY NIGHT IS GOOD TOO.
CHECK IT OUT, LOTS OF PRIZES AND GIVE AWAYS TOO!
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

onthemain
Writer
Writer

Post by onthemain »

dirtyboy wrote:
Andy wrote:Can't say I know the north waiparous any more than the race we did last year, But I'm in for helping out with the land access battle any way I can. I was forced out of trail riding in my native country in the early nineties, I don't plan on letting it happen again. BELIEVE ME anyone who think's it won't happen here is dreaming. E mail me for help with it.
That loop from the 2004 Extreme may very well be the 1 I need to map next weekend. Not sure yet. I'll try to communicate earlier in the week this time. Andy, would you email me your new phone number please?
You should do the expert loop from the moose from two years ago

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

onthemain wrote:You should do the expert loop from the moose from two years ago
I didn't attend the race, nor am I expert, however........ does this loop start on something called the government trail? And have signs on it past 1/2 way like Razorback and Calaway Park?

onthemain
Writer
Writer

Post by onthemain »

dirtyboy wrote:
I didn't attend the race, nor am I expert, however........ does this loop start on something called the government trail? And have signs on it past 1/2 way like Razorback and Calaway Park?

thats how it started but the expert loop has signs on it like ( S.D.R,take it good,ghost bike and some more i cant think of right now but it is some of the best single track out there :banana:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

onthemain wrote:
dirtyboy wrote:

thats how it started but the expert loop has signs on it like ( S.D.R,take it good,ghost bike and some more i cant think of right now but it is some of the best single track out there :banana:
I guess we did the Junior loop from the Moose XC of 2 years ago since your names don't match mine. :cheers:

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

dirtyboy wrote:
onthemain wrote:
dirtyboy wrote: I didn't attend the race, nor am I expert, however........ does this loop start on something called the government trail? And have signs on it past 1/2 way like Razorback and Calaway Park?

I guess we did the Junior loop from the Moose XC of 2 years ago since your names don't match mine. :cheers:
YES YOU DID THE JUNIOR LOOP!!
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Thanks for the confirmation DirtGirl. :banana: