Awesome ride on Monday

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Awesome ride on Monday

Post by MtnBlue »

Did 80km's in the South Ghost to Blackrock area on Monday evening. 60km's of single track. It's getting quite dry in some areas, but Blackrock still has some snow. Had to turn around on some single track up near Blackrock, due to the snow and the oncoming darkness. All in all a great day for ride :dblthumb:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Sounds awesome MtnBlue,

We were on a trail back there on Wednesday night sounds close to where you were. We kept going past the sand area and it turns into overgrown tight single track. It was a gnarly, rocky side hill up up and up. After the trail turned straight up there was a few drifts and a 100m later it wasn't passable on bike with rubber tires. That was the first time that I was up there that far. It would be a shame for that to be closed next year.

Did you park at the South Ghost staging area? Did you ride the truck trail west to access the area? Is that where the extra 20km comes from?

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

We doubled back on the road upto Blackrock, plus I used some cut lines to link up some other single track. Check your pm's Dave

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Cool. Thanks for the reply

BigD
Writer
Writer

Post by BigD »

So that must of been you guys there then. I was there with a couple other guys and had a good ride found some old single track that hasnt been on in a couple years. I got most of it mapped out on the GPS.