Spud goes to Calgary & needs friend

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Spud
User
User

Spud goes to Calgary & needs friend

Post by Spud »

I'm going to be down In Cow town for a course for 2 weeks, and I want to ride somewhere.....ANYWHERE

I have never been on the Blackfoot track, or Maclean, or any areas down there, and I would like to get out and crash somehwere new.

Im more of a trail, HS, CC guy (I love SINGLE TRACK) ...........but I like the MX track for a change (vet junior)

So if anybody needs a riding buddy for a few rides, and is not out to kill me or leave me for dead wrapped around a tree Im up for it.

PS.... I'll split gas and buy Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Spud,

A lot of us will be at the West Sharples HS race on May 1. In fact lot's will camp there Apr 31 - May 1. It is just under 2 hours south of Calgary. Why not enter the race or come down on the Saturday? There will be lot's of folks to meet there.

What days do you have to ride? McLean Creek opens May 1 for motorcycles and Waiparous is open now.

P.S. That beer is a big incentive :cheers:

Spud
User
User

Post by Spud »

Ok you talked me into it. Unless there is snow drifts--> :cripple:

Ill see how things workout If I can make it to WS by Saturday afternoon, and Camping depends on the weather ?????........ Im not much of a racer.

As far as riding after the weekend, anytime from May3- to 13 in the evening and the weened all day.. I guess.

I dont have spark arrestor or lights, I always hear its going to be enforced, but I havent heard of anyone getting ticked yet.

cladoo
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by cladoo »

From what we've been told by SRD is that they will enforce it. Come on down to WS, at least to ride on Sat.
Claude

Spud
User
User

Post by Spud »

cladoo wrote:From what we've been told by SRD is that they will enforce it. Come on down to WS, at least to ride on Sat.

I will try to make it Saturday...........if you see a black chevy with a CRF in the back, and a short fat guy walking around dazed and confussed thats me.