Koocanusa

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Dmaxboi13

Koocanusa

Post by Dmaxboi13 »

Hey all,

I’ve been camping and biking in koocanusa for 15 years, family has a year round site at the marina. My dad and uncle used to take us on trails west of the bridge all the time and was wondering does anyone know if there are trails still there? We used to take the Waldo fire service road and take it serval miles and go on trails up there. Used to do plumbob mountain every may long and take it the incredible views from the fire tower. As everyone got older we slowly stopped riding every maylong but would love to get into it again. I know koocanusa isn’t the same as 10 years ago but I would love trails west of the bridge

Dave P
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Koocanusa

Post by Dave P »

Howdy,

The area you are talking about has changed a bit. You cannot ride along the lake anymore (rightfully so) on the west side, but all those service roads away from the lake are still there. Logging has taken its toll, but you can still go up to the fire look out.

Make your way over to www.evadrs.ca

New website just dropped yesterday.

Dave