McLean trail conditions

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
theowenmaz
User
User

McLean trail conditions

Post by theowenmaz »

With all the recent sunshine and more to come does anyone know how the singletrack at McLean is right now? Is it snowy and if so is it rideable? or which trails are in more direct sunlight? Hoping to get out once or twice more.
Owen - Accessories at GW Cycle

2006 Honda CR250
(Yes it's a motorcross bike, no I've never ridden track)

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: McLean trail conditions

Post by Grimlock »

I just got back from McLean. Still lots of snow. I rode Police and Fire Games, Blaudo (I think?) Grizzly and Horizons mainly. There are some dangerous sections but traction wasn’t bad for the conditions. The water holes are full of ice and can bite you bad if you aren’t careful.

Trails at the 5km staging area aren’t bad. Some are even dry. Grizzly was pretty bad but I rode the whole thing north to south.
#826A

theowenmaz
User
User

Post by theowenmaz »

Grimlock wrote:I just got back from McLean. Still lots of snow. I rode Police and Fire Games, Blaudo (I think?) Grizzly and Horizons mainly. There are some dangerous sections but traction wasn’t bad for the conditions. The water holes are full of ice and can bite you bad if you aren’t careful.

Trails at the 5km staging area aren’t bad. Some are even dry. Grizzly was pretty bad but I rode the whole thing north to south.
Thanks for the info. No need for studs yet i'm guessing?
Owen - Accessories at GW Cycle

2006 Honda CR250
(Yes it's a motorcross bike, no I've never ridden track)

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

theowenmaz wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I just got back from McLean. Still lots of snow. I rode Police and Fire Games, Blaudo (I think?) Grizzly and Horizons mainly. There are some dangerous sections but traction wasn’t bad for the conditions. The water holes are full of ice and can bite you bad if you aren’t careful.

Thanks for the info. No need for studs yet i'm guessing?
There were a couple of sections I rode where studs would have been nice to have but they were few and far between. The wet leaves were probably the worst hazard I encountered on a couple of steep downhills. Ended up making a couple of unintentional snow angels when I grabbed too much front brake.
#826A

axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by axel99 »

Lonranger, outlaw, con ops, grizzly, area51, cloud 9, stallions were all rideable on rubber past Friday,.

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

axel99 wrote:Lonranger, outlaw, con ops, grizzly, area51, cloud 9, stallions were all rideable on rubber past Friday,.
Excellent! Good to know. I’ll be heading out tomorrow and Friday!
#826A

GWsXR250R
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by GWsXR250R »

You can add Horizon east and west and that 70’s trail to the list of great conditions.

Some snow in the low valley connecting trails but amazing condition considering the fall we’ve had.

We rode PFG, Horizon East then west, Lone Ranger, That 70’s trail, stallions and grizzly and back through PFG yesterday. :cheers:

GW

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Sounds like a nice ride. Thanks for the update :cheers: