Indian Graves / Livingstone

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
scubarusteve
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Indian Graves / Livingstone

Post by scubarusteve »

So seems the established trail map was created out there and there is some good single track left out of the map. im not to familiar with the area, but does the government ever Amend the map to add missing trails? also has anyone tried the single track loops in the mountains west of indian graves by livingstone? looks like there may be some pretty epic views to be had up there!

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Indian Graves / Livingstone

Post by malcolmzilla »

Government map only shows two bits of "singletrack" one south of dutch creek and one east of racehorse. The term singletrack is used euphemistically as often it is old lease road... All the other old historic loops are now “off limits", caveat emptor.

http://aep.alberta.ca/recreation-public ... 4-2018.pdf

Andy643
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Andy643 »

Wanted to bring this thread back to life.

Camped near Dutch Creek on July Long weekend in the hopes of exploring a new riding area. After 35km on legal trail (Logging roads/Quad trail) couldn't find anything that resembled single track.

Has anyone made it to the Blue trails shown on the map and if so is it even worth going back to check it out? All i saw was signs saying NOT to cross the river (so we didn't) but i couldn't find a legal way to access trails 302/301.

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents ... er-map.pdf

malcolmzilla
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by malcolmzilla »

I have ridden the a section of the seasonal blue up speers creek cabin mtn, from staging to midpoint. It is only single track if you consider dodging bog holes, imo.

Andy643
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Andy643 »

Good to know.
Based on what I've seen there is basically no single track in this area. The week prior friends of mine explored the Race Horse Creek area. (old race loop) The blow down was so bad that with out some serious cleanup the trails are impassable.