Cloud 9 directions

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
theowenmaz
User
User

Cloud 9 directions

Post by theowenmaz »

What’s the best way to get to the Cloud 9/Area 51 loop from the 5k area? I’ve done it once but I don’t know which connecting trails we rode.

Is it possible to hit stallions then cut across on the road over to That 70s Trail, to cashmere, then into cloud 9 and around in a few hours? Intermediate level rider.

I know barbie has a good hill and would prefer to go down it but not sure which direction it goes.
Owen - Accessories at GW Cycle

2006 Honda CR250
(Yes it's a motorcross bike, no I've never ridden track)

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Cloud 9 directions

Post by boland »

If you know where the top of Barbie is then that’s a good place to start. If you go straight from there you can get onto Area 51 and if you go down Barbie and turn left the entrance to cloud 9 is on your right.
KTM 300 XCW
#184A

theowenmaz
User
User

Post by theowenmaz »

boland wrote:If you know where the top of Barbie is then that’s a good place to start. If you go straight from there you can get onto Area 51 and if you go down Barbie and turn left the entrance to cloud 9 is on your right.
I'm not sure where the top of Barbie is, or the best way to get to it. Is it East-West (9-51) to go down or West-East (51-9)?

2006 Honda CR250

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

The top is at the west. Marker 186. A good way to get up there from fish east is ride stallions the go across the road (marker 220) ride the quad trail to the top, cross a logging road and continue on the quad trail then turn left onto logging road and watch for the trail on the left. That will bring you to intersection 188.
KTM 300 XCW
#184A

theowenmaz
User
User

Post by theowenmaz »

boland wrote:The top is at the west. Marker 186. A good way to get up there from fish east is ride stallions the go across the road (marker 220) ride the quad trail to the top, cross a logging road and continue on the quad trail then turn left onto logging road and watch for the trail on the left. That will bring you to intersection 188.
Thanks a bunch, i'll have to look at the map when i'm home for trail markers. Was just going off memory of trail names

2006 Honda CR250