Best trails at McLean for kids

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Bunjy

Best trails at McLean for kids

Post by Bunjy »

Anyone know where they would take a 6yo on a TTR50 and a 8yo on a crf125? I have taken the kids to the grassy area beside just around the bend from east where the information board in. But are there any trails around that they could handle? they are pretty junior riders and my oldest is just learning a clutch. I would love to get away from the crazy quads and sxs's but the single track I know is way to hard, full of roots and rocks.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks,

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Best trails at McLean for kids

Post by Braap791 »

Police and fire games is a beginner trail. Very flat and easy to navigate.

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Police & Fire Games trail was put on the map for 50cc riders and first beginners to singletrack. That was the first trail I started my son on when he was on a 50. We would ride it to the end, turn around and ride it backwards. The RMDRA also spent a good chunk of money and volunteer time just last year making improvements to P&FG.

cedric
Novelist
Novelist

Post by cedric »

I just rode it with my boys on Sunday, it's very passable for kids, save for a few logs that were taller than their bike's ground clearance - they haven't mastered the double blip yet....at all.... :D

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

We rode it a few weeks back with a gamut of 50's and a 125 and it was perfect. The PW did get hung up a few times on logs, but still a fun trip. :thumbsup:
IMG_3185[1].JPG

Bunjy

Post by Bunjy »

that sounds perfect, just looking at the Avenza map, where exactly is it? can you give me some trail numbers or something, is over by the gravel pit?

thanks for everyone's help,

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Bunjy wrote:that sounds perfect, just looking at the Avenza map, where exactly is it? can you give me some trail numbers or something, is over by the gravel pit?

RMDRA gives away maps with a membership that have all the trail names listed. :applause:

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Bunjy wrote:that sounds perfect, just looking at the Avenza map, where exactly is it? can you give me some trail numbers or something, is over by the gravel pit?

It is East of the paved loop. 32,34,38. the beginning section of P&FG was removed last year by AEP. if you go east from point 16 you will find a single track on your right that leads over to the muskeg matting and pops you out at point 32. The RMDRA member map still shows the old route.