Indian Graves ride was awesome!

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

That's the place MX nut. I probably met you on the highway as I headed North to meet up and ride Waiporous. Man, I wish I would have turned around and followed you. Waiporous still requires studs to get anywhere. I payed the price a time or two under estemating the ground conditions.... :banghead:

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

Post by Kwi-Chang »

Great to hear I.G. is good to go.
I will try for a ride later this week. It only takes 45 minutes from my place..

Did you try any single track?

Kwi
It is better to have rode & crashed than to never have rode at all.

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Sounds like fun. Thanks for posting the directions. I haven't been there before, but I'd like to go someday. :banana: :banana: :banana:

knuckle
Writer
Writer

Post by knuckle »

Oh there is plenty of single track at Indian Graves, some of the toughest around. It is just hiding from the masses. Some of the best trails link up all the way over to the Livingstone area. Make sure your bike has lots of bash protection there are some nasty rocky areas.
04 KTM300 EX/C.
04 KTM525 EX/C. gone!

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

IG on Sunday

Post by Kwi-Chang »

Anyone know what the conditions are like at IG for tomorrow (Sun Apr 17)? Anyone ride there today? Saw a few offroad bikes heading south out of Okotoks this morning...

kwi

Andy
User
User

Re: IG on Sunday

Post by Andy »

Kwi-Chang wrote:Anyone know what the conditions are like at IG for tomorrow (Sun Apr 17)? Anyone ride there today? Saw a few offroad bikes heading south out of Okotoks this morning...

kwi
I rode their on wednesday and it was pretty dry,that was before the snow though.I might head down there tomorrow too, I don,t know the area at all but I live in black diamond so it,s real close for me.I couldn,t find the single track last time just some big hill climbs which were fun and some double track.I parked at willow creek, don,t know if this is the best place.
ANDY

*~'08 300 EXC~*
Vet Junior #11

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

Post by Kwi-Chang »

Andy I hope to see you there. I know the area somewhat and know of a couple of single track rides. With the wind today I think most of the snow will be gone.
I will be driving a dark colored GMC Duramax Crew Cab with a white Haulmark trailer. I hope to get out there by 11:00 -12:00
If you are looking for us I'll be the slow guy on the fast orange bike and I will probably be there with my bro on a Kawi and his son on a YZ250F.

kwi
It is better to have rode & crashed than to never have rode at all.

Andy
User
User

Post by Andy »

Kwi-Chang wrote:Andy I hope to see you there. I know the area somewhat and know of a couple of single track rides. With the wind today I think most of the snow will be gone.
I will be driving a dark colored GMC Duramax Crew Cab with a white Haulmark trailer. I hope to get out there by 11:00 -12:00
If you are looking for us I'll be the slow guy on the fast orange bike and I will probably be there with my bro on a Kawi and his son on a YZ250F.

kwi
Sorry I didn't make it but I got invited to Bar C just after I posted. Hope you guy's had a good day, we got snowed on all day at BarC but it was still a blast. I guess I should have checked the forum last night and let you know. I'm not much good at this computer stuff. sorry mate,hope you didn't wait around for me.
ANDY

*~'08 300 EXC~*
Vet Junior #11

MtnBlue
Novelist
Novelist

Post by MtnBlue »

How much snow did they get out there?(bar c) I rode on Sat, and things were drying up pretty good, although the cut lines still need a few weeks of warm weather, but most of the single track was pretty decent. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

Post by Kwi-Chang »

yeah we had a good ride.
We parked at the area just east of the bridge and didn't get started to really ride until about 1:00 so I figured if you weren't there by then you probably wouldn't be coming.
We had snow for about a 1/2 hour at 4:00 so it was Miller time anyway. The whole area was pretty much clear of snow but there were some slippery sections.

kwi

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

Good to hear that the snow is going away. I am taking Friday off to spend at Indian Graves with the wife. She is anxious to get out and learn how to ride her first ever dirt bike. I was super lucky in that she actually asked for riding gear for her birthday last week. That was the coolest $300 I ever spent on her :banana:

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Dobi wrote:Good to hear that the snow is going away. I am taking Friday off to spend at Indian Graves with the wife. She is anxious to get out and learn how to ride her first ever dirt bike. I was super lucky in that she actually asked for riding gear for her birthday last week. That was the coolest $300 I ever spent on her :banana:
Hold on to that woman !! :dblthumb:

Andy
User
User

Post by Andy »

MtnBlue wrote:How much snow did they get out there?(bar c) I rode on Sat, and things were drying up pretty good, although the cut lines still need a few weeks of warm weather, but most of the single track was pretty decent. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread

No problem dude it's all bike talk. It did snow most of the day on sunday at BarC but it melted when it hit the ground. By the end of the day the sun was out again so it was probably the same as your saterday ride.
ANDY

*~'08 300 EXC~*
Vet Junior #11

Kwi-Chang
Writer
Writer

Post by Kwi-Chang »

One thing that I did notice was there was a couple of bikes that were running 'closed course exhaust systems'. They were very loud and the sound echoed down the valleys there. There also were hikers that were parked on the North side of the road and hiking in Kananaskis Country which borders on the road. Indian Graves is great area for families to camp and ride and would be the *hits to lose it.
As much as I hate to have laws and signs for every little thing maybe a sign stating mandatory use of proper exhaust/spark arrestors is needed at the riding areas. Basic education.

DirtGirl
Columnist
Columnist

Post by DirtGirl »

:bonk:
Andy,
Our ride sucked!! After we fixed my tire we headed out again, go about 15 mins out and bam-flat again! AAAuuuggghhhh!!!! So we said screw it and went drinking!! nah we went home an picked the kid up. Sorry we didn't get to ride with you!
DIRTY GIRLS RULE!
2009 KTM250 xcf-w