Maclean update

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Maclean update

Post by Braap791 »

Spent the weekend camped at maclean. I went out and did some scouting. Trails are muddy,ground is still frozen In alot of areas there is still a lot of snow on Swanys both ways j2s elbow lookout,horizon and any low area on stallions. Pfg is in horrible shape it's still thawing out. It was also snowing this morning when we woke up.

If your going to ride please tread lightly , use common sense or stay home. Also I would like to remind members if you do see quads and other vehicles on single track to let them know they are not supposed to be there if you can get a plate we can report it to aep.

I did run Into a group of guys some of who may or may not be club members going up Swanys with their buddy on a trike...... :thumbsdown:

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Maclean update

Post by Braap791 »

I don't know but it was. Trails need to dry out alot more. Riding a singletrack puddle for miles is not really part of the plan.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Braap791 wrote:I don't know but it was. Trails need to dry out alot more. Riding a singletrack puddle for miles is not really part of the plan.
Hopefully, Guided rides is put on hold for a while if Maclean outings were planned over the next few weeks?
I think waiting until June would be a prudent, but unpopular decision by our club in light of the microscope we are now under because of impending Castle closures and the social media surrounding it and other areas like Maclean and Waiporous in our backyard.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

thumpin71
User
User

Post by thumpin71 »

Can you imagine if the news actually ran a story like that? Showing how OHV clubs were making responsible decisions?

AJRJ
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by AJRJ »

Spinalguy wrote:Hopefully, Guided rides is put on hold for a while if Maclean outings were planned over the next few weeks?
I think waiting until June would be a prudent, but unpopular decision by our club in light of the microscope we are now under because of impending Castle closures and the social media surrounding it and other areas like Maclean and Waiporous in our backyard.
No doubt the integrity of our trail system s first priority. I'll say this for others benefit as I know you're well aware Tom, that the infrastructure in Mclean Creek is largely built and maintained by this club. We'll carefully monitor the suitability of Club Nights, and adjust for the conditions :cheers:

Geoff.

122red
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 122red »

On Sunday May 7, Stallions, Past prez, Horizon and Grizzly were all fine.
As is typical for trails close to 5K.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

thumpin71 wrote:Can you imagine if the news actually ran a story like that? Showing how OHV clubs were making responsible decisions?
That would go against their agenda...
Its also why they use old footage for May Long because the user groups are more responsible over the last 5 years.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

AJRJ wrote:
Spinalguy wrote:Hopefully, Guided rides is put on hold for a while if Maclean outings were planned over the next few weeks?
No doubt the integrity of our trail system s first priority. I'll say this for others benefit as I know you're well aware Tom, that the infrastructure in Mclean Creek is largely built and maintained by this club. We'll carefully monitor the suitability of Club Nights, and adjust for the conditions :cheers:

Geoff.
RMDRA is second to none in trail maintenance, environmental impact awareness and willing to postpone guided rides.
i only brought it up because of the whole Castle debacle.
Cheers, we will see you on the trails. :thumbsup:

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Hooligan wrote:Anyone know the state of the Barwell trails?
With Barwell being some of the higher elevation trails in McLean, I'm guessing snow and ice.

boland
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by boland »

I heard barwell had a foot or more of snow last Saturday
KTM 300 XCW
#184A