Waiperous Mid April Report

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
Hooligan
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Hooligan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:02 pm

We made the mistake of tying to go out to Waiparous a few days after that big snow dump last weekend. It was essentially unrideable. Soft, wet snow mixed with water and mud meant the front tire pushed everywhere and the rear spun everywhere. It was so nasty and so wet I suspect the are won't be worth riding for several weeks yet.

I'm afraid to imagine what McLean will be like in early May. :crybaby:

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

Engine09
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Re: Waiperous Mid April Report

Postby Engine09 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 pm

I always try to resist going out to MacLean in May, just not dry enough.

What is Indian Graves like in May? I've only been out there once and that was years ago, can barely remember. Isn't most of the area a bit more open so possibly less shadows and mud?

Advertisement

Advertisements are displayed for all guests. Register and login to remove the ads.

Hooligan
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Hooligan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Ive only been to Indian Graves twice and wasn't overly impressed w it. Not much single track that I know about so mostly 2-track and muddy quad trails.

The higher elevation stuff in McLean will be OK with a couple weeks of dry weather. However I think we won't see that till closer to end of May this year. :thumbsdown:

Advertisement

Braap791
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Braap791 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Maclean and the ghost are going to be sloppy for the next few weeks if you can find drier places to ride it would be a better option. We don't need to be causing ruts and exposing roots due to wet weather spinnyness.

Advertisement

Hooligan
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby Hooligan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:58 pm

We were promised Global Warming! What the heck happened to that? Someone get Al Gore on the phone, I have a complaint. :lol:

Advertisement

Krunch

Postby Krunch » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Some jackass used the second staging area as a driving range, there were range balls everywhere this weekend. I picked up as many as I could find (5 gallon bucket worth) along with other garbage, a couple other folks joined in and helped out.

Advertisement

AJRJ
2017 RMDRA Member
2017 RMDRA Member

Postby AJRJ » Mon May 01, 2017 10:02 am

Krunch wrote:Some jackass used the second staging area as a driving range, there were range balls everywhere this weekend. I picked up as many as I could find (5 gallon bucket worth) along with other garbage, a couple other folks joined in and helped out.

Thanks for that. :cheers:

Advertisement

Return to “Ride Reports / Areas”