Mclean Truck Access to Gravel Pit

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
twitch13
Contributor
Contributor

Mclean Truck Access to Gravel Pit

Post by twitch13 »

Hi does anyone know if you are able to get to the meadow across from the gravel pit with a truck? I'm looking to get the kids out to try their first time at real off-road with their little bike and wanted a close staging area. If no access is available can anyone recommend a good spot where I can take a 3 & 5 year old to ride around while Grandma sits by and watches?

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Mclean Truck Access to Gravel Pit

Post by Braap791 »

You might be better off to go across the truck bridge on mclean trail and play around in the field there or even the field/hills at the 5k. You can get to the gravel pit in a truck if your truck runs 40s.

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

i was there yesterday. They have completely blocked access to anything wider than a quad to get to the road that gets you to the gravel pit.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com

Fenel854
Writer
Writer

Post by Fenel854 »

You always see so many trailers down at the gravel pit in the summer, I've even seen small cars and mini vans at the campsites. How do they get those vehicles in there?
Ron

2014 KTM 300XCW
2016 Timbersled ST

Spinalguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Spinalguy »

Fenel854 wrote:You always see so many trailers down at the gravel pit in the summer, I've even seen small cars and mini vans at the campsites. How do they get those vehicles in there?
You used to be able to get there that way, but in the last month, they have reclimed the area that trucks and trailers could fit. No way there now.
You hurt? You just want to optimize your performance? Step inside...http://spinalguy.com