More and Less Challenging Trails

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
IanInCalgary
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

More and Less Challenging Trails

Post by IanInCalgary »

Which trails near Fisher West and South Fisher Creek staging areas are more challenging and which are less challenging?

I'll be riding with another person with similar abilities - advanced rookies (or intermediate wanabes).

Ian

cycleworks
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: More and Less Challenging Trails

Post by cycleworks »

First Ridge Loop at Barwell is quite easy- bit of a challenge at the top of the switchbacks to get up there, but very nice, short loop and you can do it a few times in a row to practice some skills!
Allison - Parts Department - Cycleworks Calgary (403) 230-1920
2018 250 XCW

dirtyboy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by dirtyboy »

Hooligan wrote:
cycleworks wrote:First Ridge Loop at Barwell is quite easy- bit of a challenge at the top of the switchbacks to get up there, but very nice, short loop and you can do it a few times in a row to practice some skills!
Yep, there is a big log crossing I have been meaning to get to on the First Ridge trail. :eek:
The Trail Management Object (TMO) for that trail would be to leave a big log crossing for others to enjoy.

Braap791
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Braap791 »

Agreed trails off the south staging area are to be left alone. Do not cut logs out making that area easier. Most of the trails from the south end are for intermediate riders and up let's leave it that way.

SpecialK
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by SpecialK »

Hooligan wrote:
dirtyboy wrote:
Hooligan wrote:
Yep, there is a big log crossing I have been meaning to get to on the First Ridge trail. :eek:
The Trail Management Object (TMO) for that trail would be to leave a big log crossing for others to enjoy.
Uhhh YEA, thats what I was talking about. Been meaning to give it a try rather than ride around it. Who said anything about cutting out a perfectly good log? :crazy: To be honest I'd like to go cut down a few trees just so we can jump over the logs. :D
if you want more logs.... we can point you in the right direction...
2016 KTM 250 XC-F #92

2009 KTM 250 XCW
2006 KX 250

trailguy
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by trailguy »

Hooligan wrote:Where? :)

We are working our way into Roller Bearing and Stickler which I understand are full of big logs. :eek:
Stickler not so much but you will be challenged on Roller Bearing especially in the North bound direction. Enjoy :D