Kamloops Riding Area Map

Trail Conditions, talk about a ride that you went on. Where to ride? If are looking to organize or join a ride please post in the "Upcoming Rides and Events" forum.
axel99
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Re: Kamloops Riding Area Map

Post by axel99 »

The way BC marks and provides official numbers, names, ratings for the designated trails, is so much more usefull and easier to follow than Alberta. Thanks for Posting :thumbsup:
#Z3B

Shibby!
Columnist
Columnist

Post by Shibby! »

axel99 wrote:The way BC marks and provides official numbers, names, ratings for the designated trails, is so much more usefull and easier to follow than Alberta. Thanks for Posting :thumbsup:

Yup, the trail ratings are great. It's also being engraved into riders to NOT attempt trails beyond their ability due to the additional damage it causes.

Revy is the same way.

350scott
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by 350scott »

Unless you've got world class skills, you can find challenging and fun trails in the Duffy Greenstone area.
Scott
Apprentice Court Jester
2017 450XC-F
2015 450XC-F
2013 450XC-F

Grimlock
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Grimlock »

Hooligan wrote:I was looking at some vids of trails around Duffy Lake and they all seem quite easy, nothing challenging. With all the riding we do on difficult, challenging terrain of S Alberta, everything else seems ..... too easy. :crazy:
Duffy/Greenstone has tons of challenging trails. Most people that ride the area stick to the National Trail/Duffy Loop/Two Day trails that are quite fast and easy. If you want challenge, I can assure you that the likes of Kawi Trail/Powerline Hill/Three Worlds/Trials/Rock Garden have plenty to offer.

If you want to truly punish yourself, Chuhwells has trails that will smash bikes as well as spirit. I still have an old GKMA trail map of the area kicking around somewhere. If I find it I will scan it and post it up.

If anyone is heading out to the Kamloops area in the next couple of weeks, I'll be here until the 8th of August minus the CXCC weekend in Crowsnest next weekend.
#826A

Rider Eh!
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Rider Eh! »

Heading to Kamloops mid september to ride, can anyone recommend best locations to tent camp and maybe some cheap hotels? If you have some GSP data would also be much appreciated.

vwrally
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vwrally »

I stayed in a tent at the Duffy lake campground a few weeks ago, was a great facility with lots of nice sites, an abundance of clean outhouses, and cheap too ($12/night). Granted it's the only campground I've stayed at in the area, but I'd have no hesitation in going there again, in fact I'll most likely do so next year.

Dobi
2024 RMDRA Member
2024 RMDRA Member

Post by Dobi »

if you buy a membership in the BCORMA you used to get access to some skookum maps. I love riding in that area of BC.